EMERYVILLE, CA / R&D
We combine the power of Big Data, technology, and lean economics. We discover the information people are searching for and provide it. We help transform lives.
Callisto will be unmatched in providing products, services, and experiences to a diverse universe. From mainstream populations to groups that traditional companies believe are too small or economically unfeasible to address, we will meet their needs.
Today, we’re the fastest growing company in the $106 billion global publishing industry, and our primary method for meeting peoples’ needs is through long-form content in books. But creating books for them is only the beginning.
This person will manage a team of data analysts using our proprietary, data-driven processes to produce titles. They will need to understand our internal tools and processes and supervise analysts using these processes to work with editors, designers, and marketers. They will also supervise analysts working on data analysis projects. They will work with R&D leadership and with other departments to coordinate production work and research projects.
- Understand tools and processes designed by the R&D team and supervise analysts using these tools.
- Coordinate tasks involving multiple departments with tight production schedules.
- Design and supervise execution of research related to title production and marketing.
- Use our internal tools and data collection systems to perform analyses and recommend improvements to our processes that are supported by data.
- Generate reports to convey research findings to other departments.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses for other departments to help answer questions related to production, marketing, and sales decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline.
- 2-3 years experience managing a team. Experience with statistics and research methodology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Experience in Evolutionary and/or Agile development preferred.
- Proven experience solving complex business issues through data-related tools.
- Strong communication skills, particularly with internal clients and managers.
- Ability to take initiative and work with a high level of independence
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day. Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.