View job on Handshake
At Genesis, we put our customers and employees first. We are the national leader in non-Prime credit cards serving millions of customers who are underserved by others in the industry. We are fair and transparent in all interactions.
We’re entrepreneurial and we look for people who want to make an impact. We hire people, not just positions.
Join the nation’s leader in second-look finance servicing as our Jr. Risk Analyst!
The impact you’ll have at Genesis:
As a Jr. Risk Analyst, your primary role will be to perform empirically derived analysis to understand business performance, identify improvement opportunities, and develop strategies. At Genesis, you’ll refine your skills in data analysis and participate in key decision making that drives the business in measurable ways. This position offers unlimited growth opportunities for someone who is passionate about analyzing business performance, making data-driven decisions, and testing and optimizing strategy.
As our Jr. Risk Analyst you will:
- Identify business challenges and opportunities, using modeling and analytics to deliver recommendations as well as strategic or tactical recommendations.
- Analyze business performance and strategies to drive forecasting, staffing, and drive business insights.
- Assist in developing Underwriting strategies for consumer loans by connecting behaviors and characteristics to credit trends, leveraging new/better data and risk models, and managing implementation considerations.
- Manage and manipulate large data sets using a variety of software packages.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate test strategies with a focus on driving profitability.
- Effectively communicate analytical approach, relevant findings, and recommendations with supporting evidence throughout the organization.
- Perform ad-hoc queries and create ad-hoc reports to support analysis.
- Interact with various business area managers on a regular basis.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities leveraging strong quantitative, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Have the opportunity to grow you career and leave your mark on a rapidly growing company.
All reports, analyses, and recommendations should be completed in a timely manner and with extreme attention to detail. You will be expected to thoroughly review all datasets, analysis, and presentations for accuracy. You will present your work regularly and provide supporting evidence for your recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Disciplined attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work proactively and collaboratively in a cross-functional team to drive results.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Results Focus: Self-starter with ability to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Familiarity with credit bureaus and alternative data sources.
- Experience with SQL (MS SQL Server), R, Python, or SAS.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
What’s In It For You:
- Robust health insurance including individual and family Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Relax and recharge with Paid Time Off (PTO) Program; plus 6 paid holidays and 1 paid floating holiday.
- Financial health with 401k plus employer match up to 4%
- Take care of your well-being through Wellness perks
- We invest in your future through Tuition Reimbursement and ongoing Learning & Development
- Save on taxes with Flexible Spending Accounts
- Peace of mind with Life and AD&D Insurance
- Protect yourself with company paid Long-Term Disability
Genesis understands experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought has made us the entrepreneurial and innovative company that we are today.
Genesis Financial Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.