Camp Lindenmere is looking for a Journalism instructor that will work with campers to create news stories documenting the summer and publish them in the camp newspaper. They will also be able to create lesson plans and teach the skill to campers aged 7-16 years old.
Located in Pennsylvania’s beautiful Pocono Mountains, Camp Lindenmere is a private, coed sleep-away camp established in 1935. Our focus is on the individual growth of each child and our campers range in age from 7 to 17. We run Sports, Arts, Performing Arts, Adventure, STEM and Circus & Gymnastics programs on a daily basis across our beautiful facilities.
Working at camp is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you form will stay with you long after the summer ends. We offer both summer JOBS & PAID INTERNSHIPS.
Our staff members may act as a general counselor at certain points of the day while teaching their chosen activity area for the majority. In addition, we understand that a large part of the staff experience is socializing and down-time is important. We have a calendar of staff activities and events for time off. We also have a great staff lounge and are currently investing in staff perks.
- Applicants must be current college students or graduates.
- Able to communicate and work well with children and other staff members.
- Create the camp newspaper with the help of campers for articles and publications.
- Teach sessions on how to be a great journalist and the methods that
- Excel in motivating others and be adaptable to schedule changes.
- Have exceptional time management skills and be self-driven to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate previous leadership experience in managing, or working, in a small team.
- Applicants must be individuals with high moral character and possess a strong work ethic. Working in camp and counseling children is hard work! We expect our staff members to be excellent role models for our campers. Previous experience working with children is important. The capacity to provide warm, mature guidance is most important.
- As a condition of employment applicants must pass the staff screening processes which include: reference checks, criminal background checks, sex offender registry checks, fingerprinting, and other staff screening checks deemed appropriate.
Compensation. We pay very competitive rates to attract the best staff as well as travel allowance. Room and board plus weekly laundry is included so you really have no expenses at all while at camp!