This position is eligible for hybrid telework under Government Code 14200 for eligible applicants residing in California.
Under the direction of the Information Technology Manager I, the Information Technology Specialist I (ITS I) will serve as HCD’s Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Specialist and Web Developer. Under the technical direction of the Lead Web Developer, the ITS I will work with various HCD’s web liaisons and provide recommendations and remediation on all HCD public facing websites and documents, HCD intranet, and department’s all-staff communications to ensure documents are ADA Compliant and websites meets latest Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Compliance Level AA requirements. The ITS I will also provide ongoing web support, accessibility testing, development, integration, implementation, and maintenance of the Internet/intranet sites ensuring high usability, availability, performance and utilizing modern web standards and agile development methods. The incumbent must be self-motivated and employ initiative and resourcefulness in researching emerging technologies to develop new methods, criteria, and/or new standards, contributing to HCD’s focus on improving services to customers using the power of technology and design. The duties require the ITS I to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, web programming skills, and technical leadership skills while keeping up with industry standards. This position will provide services from the IT domains of Software Engineering and Business Technology Management.
• Experience with accessibility testing and accessibility standards in accordance with the latest Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Compliance Level AA requirements and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Section 508 web standards
• Experience with testing and remediating documents (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, and Adobe InDesign) for compliance with ADA standards
• Working experience with responsive web design, user-centered design, usability testing and cross browser compatibility testing
• Working knowledge of SharePoint and MySQL
• Experience with programming languages such as PHP
• Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager including generation of reports
• Hands on experience with web content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal
• Applied knowledge of software development life cycles such as Agile
• Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment