Position Specific Description
The FPL Solutions team is seeking an IT Intern to be part of the Smart Grid Solutions team. The Smart Grid Solutions team builds, configures, and implements next generation applications, system integrations, and analytic solutions for millions of smart meters, smart lights, and smart equipment deployed throughout the FPL and Gulf Power territories.
This position works with a group of employees and/or vendor teams in the execution of agile initiatives to ensure successful and on-time delivery of key Smart Grid initiatives. The successful candidate will promote and encourage collaboration, transparency, and build trusting relationships between business, vendors, and other entities across the organization. They will be extremely organized, adept at all forms of communication, and a creative problem solver who leads using influence and excellent interpersonal skills.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong bias for action and follow through
- Analytical critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Business Intelligence Suite of products.
- Ability to gather business requirements and translate to technical systems design
- Manage relationships with internal customers in support of the Smart Grid solution area
- Coordinate amongst other internal IT teams such as Customer Service and Power Delivery application teams, Architecture, Cybersecurity, Infrastructure, Application Hosting, among others
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher