Join Team DCMA!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department’s contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
This position is being filled under the Direct-Hire Authority for the Department of Defense for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates, Section 1102 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019, Public Law 115-232.
- Serves as a developmental IT Specialist (APPSW) intern with DCMA.
- Completes classroom and on-the-job training to acquire, exercise, and maintain knowledge required to surveil assigned software requirements, design, coding, software testing, and embedded real time software systems.
- In a developmental capacity, evaluates the adequacy of supplier software development programs to meet design and development objectives.
- Observes and assists with: technical surveillance of contractor systems, software controls, and processes; evaluations and audits; technical interchange meetings; and in-depth reviews of software development products.
- You will be expected to travel for this position.
To be considered for a Recent Graduate appointment you must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Complete all requirements for an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution not more than two years before the date of the appointment; OR a person who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniformed service of more than four years, such term means a person who was awarded a degree not more than four years before the date of the appointment.
In addition to meeting the Recent Graduate eligibility requirements, your resume and supporting documentation must support:
To qualify for an IT Specialist (APPSW) position your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Basic Requirement:
- One full year of graduate level education in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks OR
Superior Academic Achievement OR
IT related experience demonstrating these four competencies, as defined: technology related experience which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
- Attention to Detail – Is through when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
B. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-07 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military, or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Basic application of computer software design and current technology developmental methodologies, techniques, processes, and procedures.
- Basic application of a range of software intensive systems including microprocessors, embedded processors, large scale computers, various operating systems, hardware, software interfaces, and peripheral services.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims by the closing date of this announcement. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at time of application.
Condition of Employment:
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive with Secret Access.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Financial Disclosure Required
- Acquisition, Technology & Logistics (AT&L) NON-CAP: This position requires an Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Level I certification in the Information Technology Career Field within 24 months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved to extend.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- COVID19: All Federal Employees must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Please see Additional Information.
DCMA uses the Direct Hire Authority to recruit and attract exceptional individuals into the Federal Workforce. Prior to appointment, all candidates will be required to sign a Keystone Conditions of Employment Agreement.
During the Keystone Program, participants will receive specialized formal classroom training, computer-based training, and on-the-job (OJT) training. The training development program will consist of the following:
- Report initially to the Contract Management Office (CMO)/Center in the duty location for which you were selected.
- Travel TDY (Temporary Duty Travel) for one week to attend training at the DCMA Learning Campus (DLC) in Fort Lee, VA. Dates to be determined due to COVID restrictions.
- Spend 6 months in the CMO/Center for on-the-job (OJT) and developmental training.
- Return within the three year developmental training to the DLC, HQ or other CMO locations for assessment/various functional specific training.
SEE POSTING FOR FULL DETAILS