An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
MassDOT is responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating transportation policies and projects for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and to efficiently plan, design, construct, and maintain a safe statewide transportation system which effectively meets the transportation needs of the Commonwealth.
MassDOT’s divisions include: Highway, Aeronautics, Registry of Motor Vehicles, Rail & Transit, and Planning & Enterprise Services. There are approximately 3,600 employees across the organization.
MassDOT’s goal is to provide employees with greater flexibility in when and where they work while continuing to execute MassDOT’s Safety and Customer Service Mission. Furthermore, MassDOT will be doing our part to lead by example in reducing congestion and greenhouse gas emissions by minimizing overall workplace commuting travel during peak hours through telework and schedule flexibility.
This position has a high degree of remote flexibility once established in the role. The selected candidate will be expected to follow a hybrid work model that consists of both in-office and work from home days, as needed.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the analysis, configuration, management, and reporting for the MassDOT application portfolio. The Business Analyst is accountable for working with the business units, application development teams, and infrastructure teams to analyze existing systems and make recommendations for improvements or alternative solutions. This position focuses on supporting the application portfolio supported by the MassDOT Applications team
Initially this position will focus on supporting MassDOT Registry of Motor Vehicle’s Core Driver Licensing and Vehicle Registration system. The Business Analyst Intern is responsible for the business requests analysis, prioritization and reporting for Atlas and other RMV systems. The Business Analyst Intern is accountable for working with the business groups to collect and document requirements for new business ideas and initiatives, and make sure the platform is meeting their expectations. Identify gaps in features, review opportunities for business process simplification, document in SharePoint repository and provide reporting to Applications Manager. The Business Analyst Intern will be in a supporting role as a liaison working alongside the IT Project Lead between the business and IT for RMV initiatives.
- Work with various stakeholders, and application owners to solicit, review, analyze, define, and document overall business requirements.
- Analyze user system needs and issues and identify potential process improvements.
- Prepare specifications for custom reports and queries from vendors, end users, and IT leadership.
- Support Applications initiatives in the development of work plans, estimates, and timelines.
- Gather and document workflow, high-level and detailed gap analysis, and sometimes business and technical requirements by guiding stakeholders through their workflow processes.
- Manage system improvements in coordination with business, vendors, and application development teams.
- Ensure all support tickets are documented with status, customer communications and full description of the problem/resolution daily
- Ensure effective communications between the business, internal IT staff, and vendors.
- Facilitate the definition for future project scope, milestones, tasks, deliverables, and resource requirements.
- Lead initiatives to enhance application capabilities.
- Escalate issues that require executive attention.
- Maintain and manage current state and future state documentation, help build business requirements for projects – Short term and long term
- Develop use case scenarios for user acceptance testing process.
- Perform data analysis and provide reporting as requested
- Ability to define, manage and exceed customer expectations.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth
- Perform with a strong sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- High level of professionalism and focus on quality.
- Familiarity with Web and SAAS cloud applications and configuration
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with strong Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build consensus across various project stakeholders including, IT management, business customers and other IT colleagues and team members.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants must agree to and successfully satisfy: (i) a comprehensive name-based and fingerprint-based background check of his/her state and federal criminal history records information from all U.S. states, the District of Columbia and certain U.S. Territories and from some foreign nations; (ii) an employment reference check, and (iii) a satisfactory review of his/her driving records to be eligible for this position.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Must be enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree program for Spring 2022.
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered.
· For questions regarding the job posting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For general questions regarding MassDOT, call the Human Resources Service Center at 857-368-4722.
· For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call ADA Coordinator, Heather Ulesoo – (617) 851-9447.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Executive Order #595: As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption as of their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to applicants selected for employment. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief may make a request for exemption.