Dell ISG Hardware Engineering
Join us as a member of the Hardware Engineering Rotation Program within the Infrastructure Solutions Group team in possible locations of Austin/Round Rock, Hopkinton, Santa Clara, Seattle and Research Triangle Park to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) organization delivers the essential infrastructure for organizations to build their digital future, transform IT from core to cloud to edge and protect their most important asset: information! This includes understanding and rapidly responding to market requirements, effectively planning and developing future innovations, and leveraging the power of the industry’s most complete portfolio.
The Hardware Engineering Rotation Program allows for candidates new to Hardware engineering and/or infrastructure technology solutions to join a fast-paced, dynamic organization in a streamlined process that encourages learning and growth. The program consists of multiple rotations to allow new hires the ability to learn across different projects, solutions, and specific tasks needed to bring our products to market. Built into the program are key opportunities for networking, knowledge sharing, and support from across the organization.
As a member of our ISG Hardware Engineering Rotation Program, you will be supported by technical subject matter experts, mentors and peer advisors that will provide day to day support, grow your Dell network, and assimilate you into the Dell and ISG culture.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
· Working towards a Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree, Technology or Computer Science related degree
· Strong problem solver, detail oriented with analytical skills
· Highly motivated with a learning mindset and an ability to ramp quickly
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills that will make you a great collaborator in a global team environment
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver results with a sense of urgency
· Experience with at least one scripting language like Python, PERL, or bash
· Experience in embedded software development or integration of hardware systems and components into broader solutions
· Understanding of hardware and software interactions, and able to apply this understanding to resolve issues
· Experience in reading and understanding engineering specifications, data sheets and other technical documents
· Direct experience with x86 or ARM computer architectures and chipsets
· Strong mechanical aptitude, experience in design, thermals and/or controls; experience in Creo/Solidworks, Flowtherm/Icepack, and/or Simulink modeling
· Experience with various I/O protocols, such as PCIe, SAS, SATA, Gigabit Ethernet and IPSec; High speed design experience (> 1Gbs)
· Experience with schematic tools, PCB layout tools, oscilloscopes, and signal generators
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.