Are you ready to join a rocketship?
OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup valued at reportedly more than $750M just seven months after founding. You might know Keith from his days leading PayPal, LinkedIn, Square, Opendoor, Khosla Ventures, and Founders Fund.
OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we’re building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best, small-brand products.
We are seeking an Investment Analyst to support our acquisition efforts.
As a part of the Acquisition team set out to reimagine M&A, you will be a critical part of our company’s growth. You will be evaluating companies and making investment decisions that directly impact the health of our portfolio of e-commerce brands. We will invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is one of your best professional experiences.
Who You Are:
- You are diligent and meticulous.
- You are experienced. You’ve done it before or have an eagerness to learn about financial modeling, data analysis, and investment due diligence. You want to help reinvent ecommerce. Your experience will enable you to focus on the data points that matter most and help OpenStore avoid unknowns.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. We are always challenging ourselves to improve. You will iterate with the rest of the team to build a more robust and more automated acquisition playbook.
- You take pride in your strong sense of ownership. Your ability to execute and eliminate blockers helps you and the entire company move fast with confidence.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll price companies. You’ll develop, refine, operationalize, and execute the pricing engine and strategy. You’ll think outside of the box to reinvent how companies are priced, combining both finance and big data.
- You’ll vet companies. You’ll evaluate a deal holistically and learn how to structure a M&A transaction. You’ll interface with sellers directly, guide them through the sale of their businesses, and when necessary, negotiate on OpenStore’s behalf.
- You’ll build automation tools. You’ll develop tools and frameworks that allow us to more accurately and efficiently price companies. You’ll build visualizations and leverage data to help surface and spot anomalies. You’ll correlate financial due diligence findings with prices.
- You’ll shape the acquisition strategy. You’ll evolve the acquisition strategy by feeding learnings and improvements into the playbook. You’ll refine, test, and iterate with the goal of developing robust, yet agile policies and processes.
- You’ll contribute to many areas. You’ll collaborate across many teams including Data Science, Product, Engineering, Finance, and Operations.
- You’ll grow and improve. You’ll be working with top-notch people who love to teach and learn. You’ll find yourself both teaching and learning, giving feedback and leading. Challenge your team as they challenge you. We all improve ourselves on a daily basis.
- You’ll be an owner. You’ll work together with smart and team-first people with the responsibility and freedom to execute. We’ll give you the space to execute and support to excel.
What You Have:
- 0-5 years relevant experience in finance, consulting, or accounting,
- Top-notch attention to detail
- Ability to manage complex processes from start to finish
- Prior SQL / Python experience a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, or computer science preferred but not required
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.
Employment is conditioned upon proof of full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. OpenStore will comply with the applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.