View job on Handshake
How do you use YOUR energy?? Alliant Energy is looking for a motivated sophomore, junior, or Master’s student to serve customers and communities. In this exciting role, you will transform supply chain for the future, focusing on supporting Alliant Energy’s Clean Energy Blueprint.
Alliant Energy is currently recruiting for exciting internship opportunities for Summer 2022!
- Pay: Competitive wage earning between $15.50-$24.00/hour, dependent on experience, major, and year of schooling completed
- Hours: 40 hours/week
- Location: This position will be hybrid, working partially virtually with some days at the Madison General Office.
An internship with Alliant Energy is your opportunity to apply your coursework to ambitious and important projects. Last summer, our interns completed projects with a direct impact on our company’s future, including creating customer experience proposals, meeting customer renewable energy needs, and implementing new systems. Interns were able to virtually network and learn about Alliant Energy through a kick-off event, executive luncheon, fun interdepartmental challenges, and other opportunities.
Apply today to explore this opportunity to learn and add to the Alliant Energy team!
- This internship was everything I hoped it would be and more. I did not meet one person throughout my internship that was not willing to help me succeed in whatever I was doing.
- Alliant has a very professional, yet fun internship program. I have learned so much throughout the summer and have been given many opportunities I did not think I would have. I have been treated as a real engineer, rather than a student, while still receiving guidance.
- There are few other internships that would provide the breadth of industry-specific exposure Alliant Energy does. This is evidenced by the wealth of educational, extracurricular activities offered: plant tours, environmental restoration projects, personal career development workshops, intern socials, team building events, and community baseball games. It’s clear that Alliant Energy invests in the future.
- From day one, the company has promoted and displayed a very supportive and tolerant work environment. As an incoming intern, I felt that I was given every opportunity available to succeed and my supervisors were very attentive to ensure that happened.
Alliant Energy will not consider individuals in F1 visa status for this position.
The Alliant Energy Supply Chain department is seeking a Supply Chain Management intern for Summer 2022 to dive into data and work with cross-functional teams supporting key initiatives such as Customer Affordability; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Environmental, Sustainability, Governance (ESG); and Technology.
This is an excellent opportunity for an intern to live our company’s purpose of supporting our customers and sustainability. Supply Chain Management sits at the intersection of Sustainability, Supplier Diversity, Cybersecurity, and Technology; you will be conducting analysis and building models to uncover information from data in these areas. You will also have the opportunity to present company recommendations and support supply chain corporate social responsibility (“CSR”) efforts (e.g., supplier diversity and sustainability programs).
- Sophomores, juniors, or first-year Master’s students pursuing a degree in Supply Chain, Analytics, Technology, or a similar field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Data analytic skills, particularly Excel, and interest in technology
- Flexible and effective communication skills
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and diversity, equity, and inclusion
- An active interest and desire to learn and bring fresh ideas to the utility industry
- Capable of working both independently and in diverse teams
- Demonstrated organizational skills and personal accountability
Alliant Energy is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this dedication, Alliant Energy works to ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to preform key job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact YourHR@AlliantEnergy.com.
All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.