There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our internships are paid, and course credit hours may be considered depending on university’s guidelines. Internships include a competitive benefits package sought at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From mentorship opportunities to benefits like medical insurance and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind internship experience. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we have some of the best aircraft in the world. Our Technical Operations team is full of aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities professionals, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well taken care of and ready to get our customers to their desired destinations. If you’re ready to work on our planes, join our Tech Ops experts and help keep our fleet in tip-top shape.
The Intern – Supply Chain Analytics, is responsible for the execution of reporting for the United Airlines Supply Chain organization including inventory planning, vendor management, component and engine shops, warehousing, and logistics functions. Projects can include the development of new dashboards, periodical and ad-hoc reports and analysis, presentation deck developments, predictive analytics, automation and impact analysis. In addition, this role will work directly with the owner of a portfolio of existing dashboards, reports and presentation decks being used regularly by the Supply Chain teams. This intern will have the opportunity to share a major data initiative to leadership at the completion of the internship.
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Familiarity with spreadsheet modeling
- Familiarity building executive level presentations
- Experience with dashboards and reports in a data visualization tool such as TIBCO Spotfire, Tableau or MS PowerBI
- Proficiency integrating and otherwise manipulating data in relational databases using SQL
- Fundamentals of statistical methods
- Organized, self-motivated and comfortable executing toward project plans under time constraints
- Familiarity with Root Cause Analysis
- Working on obtaining a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, operations research, finance, analytics, data science or engineering required
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Specialization in Data Analytics, i.e. Data Visualization, Databases management, applied statistics
- Experience developing dashboards and executive reports
- One or more years r of supply chain experience
- Experience with strategic analysis
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.