Balyasny Asset Management is looking for an exceptional Quantitative Developer to work on a Commodities Portfolio Management team on projects related to data gathering, data analysis, and data-driven idea generation. This is an excellent opportunity to work on cutting-edge research at a leading hedge fund, offering hands-on experience at the intersection of trading and data analysis.
- Identify, ingest and analyze cutting-edge alternative datasets
- Conduct independent project-oriented research using a variety of datasets
- Automate existing data gathering, analytical and modeling processes
- Leverage new datasets to test improvement/enhancement capabilities for existing models and infrastructure
- Conduct forecast or model error analysis, and provide findings to improve forecast/model accuracy
- Construct or enhance data visualization tools
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRMENTS
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science, or any STEM related field. Pure Science majors with strong coding skills are also welcome to apply.
- Strong analytical and data processing skills (Python/SQL)
- Self-starter, results-driven attitude with a great desire to learn
- Strong communication skills, outstanding attention to detail