Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in.
Here’s the deal:
Our Operations Internship was created to develop and invest in future talent. We call them interns but really we are talking about future leaders. These super cool humans are hired for a 10-week immersive experience where they learn the fundamentals of operations/asset management and technology serving the multifamily industry, in addition to experiencing the culture of LivCor (which, by the way, is pretty great).
During the ’internship’, you would support a range of projects that directly help our business grow and become even better. We immediately welcome you as a part of our collaborative culture and give you the opportunity to build enduring relationships with your fellow interns, team leader, and assigned mentor.
You also have the opportunity to meet a lot of interesting people through organized social events (we desperately don’t want you to think we are talking about networking because that really doesn’t capture what you can get out of this). Finally, you will work with an assigned mentor to own a project and knock the executive leadership team’s fancy no-show socks off. You may work on other things that we haven’t thought of because our crystal ball is broken and we’re pretty flexible here.
This position is based out of LivCor’s headquarters at Willis Tower in Chicago, IL. This office has snacks and potentially will very shortly have Nerf Guns if the team gets its way.
Our 2023 summer internship program will begin June 2023 and last through August 2023. To be eligible, you must be a college student during the time of the internship program. (To the group of Racoons in a hoody and Vans masquerading as a student, please do not apply again, we saw through that last year. Humans only, plz and thx).
Here are some of the things the team will have you work on:
- Assist in documenting action items and critical feedback from our Operations Office Hours with more than 20 of our Property Management Company leads (we call them COOs of their respective portfolios).
- Support the alignment meetings and financial reviews that support enterprise financial performance.
- Leverage multiple technology platforms to review critical operations performance metrics such as reputation management, inventory turn efficiencies risk/legal mitigation, sales management and performance.
- Provide insights on various initiatives that contemplate the future of multifamily operations to include self-guided tours, smart communities, sourcing and retaining amazing humans to an unknown industry and more!
- All of that is really important and technically relevant but also like, please be kind and fun and funny.
Here’s a little about what your background might be:
- Pursuing a degree in finance, marketing, business, real estate, or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint; advanced knowledge of MS Excel preferred
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to laugh at yourself
- A commitment to doing things differently and making the world a little bit better
- A naturally collaborative nature
- Ambition without ego (ew)
- A spirit animal is not required but highly recommended
- Ability to work in Chicago in a full-time capacity for 10 weeks, beginning in June of 2023
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to kickstart your career.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.