Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As an Offer Management Analyst Intern in our Strategic Enterprise & Public Sector Organization, the Intern will work collaboratively with our North America Enterprise Offer Management group, and be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects.
The Offer Management Financial Analyst Intern, will be working with various departments, teams and divisions, while competing against quick turnaround times, to ensure the customers interest and satisfaction is delivered in a timely manner. Interns will also play a critical role supporting Lumen’s growth of business market revenue by developing unique commercial offers that show flexibility and creativity for customers while maintaining financial soundness for Lumen. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns.
The ideal intern will be resourceful, exhibit a high level of engagement and ability to take initiative, ask questions and, and work well in a team based environment.
• Responsible for creating internal pricing models for renewal and acquisition market opportunities including informing capital expenditure decision making.
• Work closely in partnership with line-level account professionals, and responsible for creating internal pricing models for renewal and acquisition market opportunities including informing capital expenditure decision making.
• Financially evaluate sales opportunities and provide risk assessment of customer requested terms and conditions (includes business case preparation for EFAA impacted deals).
• Consult with various internal organizations who also participate in the pricing/contracts process (i.e. Legal, Product Management, Treasury, Finance, Billing, Operations & Engineering).
• Gain a firm understanding of Lumen’s Product portfolio
• Adhoc or Special Project
• Work alongside senior level leadership
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2023 – June 2024.
• Pursing a degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or closely related field.
• Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher preferred.
• Strong knowledge in Microsoft Suite products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Basic knowledge of creating, interpreting and communicating financial information
• Solid financial modeling, analytical skills, and business case presentation
• Understanding of financial measurements like Payback, EBITDA, and NPV
• Strong drive for results and taking initiative
• Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
• Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
• Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 316311
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.