Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
• Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
• Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
• Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
• Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As an IT Analyst in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, you will be a part of the team responsible for design and architecture solutions for enterprise level payment processing systems, which consists of a suite of applications that are built with a wide range of technologies. The intern candidate for this role, should be ready to work in an Agile environment within SCRUM teams, while taking on the challenges of identifying, analyzing and addressing complex problems within our payment suites applications.
• Attend daily Stand-up Scrum meetings
• Work within Agile teams and methodologies
• Assist in the support of IT Tickets relating to application issues, assigning to appropriate team members
• Track and update ticket status and reconciliation
• Interact with cross functional teams and external vendors for ticketing resolution
• Documentation changes for feature process enhancements
• Create business documents to show uses cases
• Work with Scrum Leads to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions to complete problems
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
• Education/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar technical degree field is preferred.
• Position will be located in our Littleton, CO Office
Proficiency and understanding of;
- Cloud technologies
- Core Java
- Webservices Rest APIs and SOAP based APIs,
- Good knowledge of Oracle SQL queries.
- Java script Basics.
- Databse tools & Queries
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong drive for results and taking initiative
• Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
• Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
• Flexible and adapts well to change
• US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!