We are seeking a highly motivated graduate-level student intern with a strong background in solving analytical problems to join our team at Climate, LLC. You will help develop methodology to build predictive agronomic models incorporating key data layers such as soil, vegetation, water resources, weather, environmental characteristics, and crop yield by leveraging the latest in data science, geospatial analytics, and remote sensing tools. If you are interested in applying your skills in data to help farmers, Climate, LLC would love to talk to you!
What You Will Do:
- Develop/validate/refine predictive disease (zero-inflated and hurdle) models using techniques in statistical modeling, optimization modeling, and machine learning
- Explore and mine large and diverse agricultural data sets
- Collaborate with other data scientists to develop models, test techniques, and resolve issues
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related quantitative discipline from an academic institution
- Experience with Python and/or R
- A course in calculus-based statistics
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment, with strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in use of Python and/or R for research
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and a drive to understand and derive meaningful insights from data and results
- Experience applying statistical methodology to real-world problems
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets and performing exploratory data analysis and modeling
- Experience with statistical modeling of epidemiologic data
- Experience with linear models and generalized linear models
- An understanding of and/or experience with zero-inflated and hurdle models
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites – we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leadership.
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate, LLC – The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate, LLC aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.