View job on Handshake
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Teradata is where cutting-edge innovations in cloud data management turn into business value. Our outstanding team of software architects and engineers work together to understand and advance emerging technologies to produce the next wave of big data analytic cloud solutions. The backbone of Teradata is its Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) architecture that runs on-premises and in hybrid clouds to manage and optimize sophisticated workloads.
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation. Our mission is to build out the world-class analytics ecosystem for the industry leader for mega-scale Analytics platforms. Teradata is looking for engineers with a passion for taming enterprise data at scale with innovative technologies, built on robust application frameworks, to accelerate delivery and simplify operations. Leverage your skills in building analytics applications to drive Teradata’s business and provide a reference architecture for the future of the Analytics Ecosystem.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and document high impact business problems and potential solutions
- Learn and use internally available analytic technologies
- Apply machine learning and/or statistical techniques to time series classification and telemetry anomaly detection problems
- Build models at scale using vast amounts of structured and unstructured heterogeneous types of data.
- Identify key performance indicators and establish strategies on how to deliver on these key points for analysis solutions
- Use educational background in data engineering and perform data mining analysis
- Work with BI analysts/engineers to create prototypes, implementing traditional classifiers and determiners, predictive and regressive analysis points
- Engage in the delivery and presentation of solutions
- Participate in data storage architecture design discussions
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, Statistics
- Strong data wrangling skills
- Strong Python and/or SQL skills
- Ability to manipulate JSON/XML data
- Experience with other data manipulation platforms
- Experience with XML or SQL
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 weeks internship
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.