View job on Handshake
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
• Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
• Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
• Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
• Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Project Management Intern in our North America Field Operations & Network Implementation organization, you will work collaboratively with our team to assist customers in activating and testing products and technologies. Tasks during the 10 weeks will have impact on the customers as well as the business. Project Manager interns will have the potential to learn about fiber products, project management, data research, and many other Lumen programs. This will give interns the opportunity to have a customer facing role while also improving the company through research, management, and technical training.
• Onsite manager will be available for on the job training and coaching of the intern.
• Assist with our Revenue Acceleration Program
• This role will provide experience in project management, collaboration, and general business meeting practices.
• Communicate and coordinate actions across the team based on the data identified.
• Engage in the active Automation/Transformation projects and provide PM support
• Provide PM support for select Top 10 projects underway within our organization
• Engage in Employee Engagement activities
• Participate in the DIB (Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging) program
• Engage in the Training program. Complete entry level virtual lab modules and provide feedback
• Provide Teams and Sharepoint support
• Engage in Data Analytics
• Ride along with the various teams to better understand the team structure and responsibilities
• Complete a presentation at the end of the internship to summarize the experience and provide feedback
What We Look For in a Candidate
– Pursuing a Bachelors degree in business or tech related field – Telecommunications, Business management, Data Analytics, Computer Science, or similar degree program.
– Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; Junior or Senior education status at the start of the internship (graduating August 2022 – May 2024).
– GPA: 3.0 or higher preferred, not required
– If position is in office, must have transportation to/from work daily
– Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
– Experience with Microsoft suit is required
– General techology knowledge is appreciated
– Candidates are expected to exhibit critical thinking skills and time management/prioritization skills.
– Work well in collaborative group settings.
– Detail oriented.
– Able to learn and adapt quickly.
– Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
– Ability to demonstrate ownership and accountability
– Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 262291
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.