Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company’s inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class—while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2020 revenue of $1.9B, a growth of 30% versus 2019. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
The Business Analyst Intern will support the US Commercial Operations team in providing reporting and analytics support. The candidate will work under Manager of Commercial Analytics and Insights on a variety of projects, which may include report building, data manipulation, data visualization, and insights generation. The candidate will be required to document their progress and provide regular updates to the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop solutions to convert common business questions into automated reporting, including data calculation and visualization
- Extract data from multiple data platforms (e.g. AWS, Tableau Server, Google BigQuery, etc.)
- Support Commercial reporting and provide business insights in areas including but not limited to Revenue Analytics, Market Access, and Competitive Intelligence
- Basic understanding of database structure
- Experience with data manipulation tools or programming languages such as SQL or Python
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Strong business acumen with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in progress from an accredited college or university (preferred areas of study: Economics, Business, Statistics, Finance, or Computer Science)
- Master’s level candidate preferred