View job on Handshake
Worcester, MA, USA Req #15956
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking to attract exceptional college students for our Summer Internship Program, which provides meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as rewarding career path options.
The Hanover’s Internship Program provides college students with the opportunity to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job over the course of 10 weeks. Through the program, you will be supported and mentored by a community of exceptional talent including: leaders, managers, subject matter experts and recent graduates who are just getting started in our dynamic industry. As part of your experience, you will also participate in a cross-functional team building project focused on corporate philanthropy, as well as attend weekly development workshops with your intern peers. We have very high expectations of our participants and anticipate their strong dedication to the program and to our company. We expect candidates to have a sense of ownership in their career development and a commitment to excellence. We recruit highly skilled students for potential future full-time employment opportunities, upon graduation. The Hanover’s Internship Program is 10 weeks in duration throughout the summer (June – mid August). We will be taking applications for our program on an ongoing basis from September to February. Qualified applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by a member of The Hanover University Relations team to discuss next steps. We receive a high volume of applications for our internship program each year and thank you for your patience during our review and interview process. Please Note: You will need to apply through www.jobs.hanover.com for your internship application to be considered.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Perform tasks of a mathematical and quantitative nature using established procedures
- Learn fundamental actuarial concepts, practices and procedures
- Become familiar with company operations, systems and actuarial methodologies
- Utilize actuarial tools and modeling software for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management
- Analyze industry trends to identify impact on financials, reserves, and pricing processes
- Create and present a final presentation for management and leadership members at the close of the internship program highlighting the work you accomplished throughout the summer.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Ability to commit to a full time 10 week internship program
- Ability to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- 0-2 years of professional working experience
- Understands fundamental analytical concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and decision-making skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and demonstrates high attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity.
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”