View job on Handshake
Praescient Analytics headquarters is located in Fairfax, VA. We intend for this internship to be completed in person. Praescient Analytics follows CDC guidelines as it pertains to hiring employees during the COVID-19 Pandemic. This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
Research Analyst Apprenticeship:
Praescient Analytics is looking for sharp researchers with a keen interest in national security and analysis skills to join our team and assist in supporting our team of analysts. Your primary role will be providing sophisticated research across all types of publicly available information (PAI) into the requirements of running a functional, successful firm operating in the national security space. Ideally, the Intelligence Cell Research Analyst is a mission-oriented team player who is well-versed in the use of technology and experienced in the techniques of qualitative and quantitative research. You will support a diverse set of research and analysis projects with direct mentorship from HQ executives focusing on global issues vital to the Nation’s priorities, using a variety of software to sort, analyze, and visualize relevant data.
- Work in a collaborative environment with other Praescient intelligence analysts who are tackling geopolitical and social issues in real time.
- Become proficient with cutting edge technologies that are utilized by various federal law enforcement, DoD, and intelligence agencies on a daily basis.
- Some of the advanced technology tools include, but are not limited to, i2 Analyst’s Notebook, Sintelix, Siren, ArcGIS, etc.
- Build weekly intelligence products that will incorporate the various intelligence disciplines, particularly leveraging Publicly Available Information (PAI) through Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) methods and techniques.
- Fuse soft skills and technical skills to brief Intelligence Summaries (INTSUMs) to key stakeholders.
- Prepare and present both white papers and information briefs to the Executive Team, using various analytics software to create real world demonstrations that provide solutions for our clients.
- Assist the Services and Business Development departments with sprint-style research/practical application projects.
- Graduate or Undergraduate Student.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organized self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Patient and willing to work collaboratively with a team.
- Graduate or Undergraduate Student pursuing a degree in data analytics, computer science, political science, international relations, security studies, and other related fields.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with keen interest in national security and experience with data analytics, geographic information systems, and a passion for trending technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics.
US Citizenship Required. Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have any clarifying questions regarding applications or positions, reach out to Bryce Leech at firstname.lastname@example.org.