We are actively hiring for a Insurance Product Analyst. Join us and support CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer, in achieving our goals.
We are looking for a driven, analytical and creative problem solver to advance a variety of initiatives, such as bundling, fighting for our fair share of home sales, and evolving our wildfire and earthquake strategy.
*Please note that this position can be based in the following states:
AL, AR, AZ, CO, CT, DE, GA, FL, ID, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, NC, NV, NJ, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA.
We are also considering applicants out outside of these states with the exception of AK, CA and HI.
At CSAA, our State Product Management team is responsible for the implementation of personal lines products in the marketplace. We are the experts on our specific markets and rely on data to identify strategies and execute initiatives to help us grow our book of business profitably while remaining competitive. You will be a problem solver who considers data from multiple sources in order to understand the drivers of our business results and influence the next steps of action.
A typical day as a State Product Management analyst includes:
- Understanding and reporting on the overall performance and strategy of property products in your assigned markets.
- Proactively assessing market risks and opportunities, evaluating multiple possible solutions, and leveraging data-based insights to influence the decisions of leadership.
- Leading complex analysis to develop actionable and innovative recommendations for achieving growth and profitability targets.
- Quantifying catastrophe risk and identifying risk management strategies.
- Building annual revenue plans and explaining variances to these plans.
- Working cross-functionally with partners across the organization to support the development, design, and implementation of new products, programs, and processes.
- Delivering effective presentations of findings to multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders, adapting the content as appropriate.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior analysts.
This role may require occasional travel (<10%) to meet with partners in your assigned territory.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Join a high-profile team recognized for their abilities to deliver keen insights with facts and figures, and leverage those insights to improve product performance.
- Work for a company recognized for dedication to community. 100% of our employees take advantage of our paid time off to volunteer
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of analytical experience and/or product experience in insurance or a similar industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to translate complex concepts into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Proven history of taking initiative and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Python, SAS, SQL, Visual Basic and various structured analysis and design techniques.
- Advanced product, price, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of personal lines rate plans and product offerings.
- Pursuit or completion of industry-relevant continuing education, including graduate degrees, MBA, risk and insurance designations from The Institutes (AINS, AIC, ARM, CPCU, etc.), and actuarial exams and designations (ACAS, FCAS, CERA).
Why join us
- Make a difference. We don’t just go to work. We’re a team of employees committed to AAA members, our communities and each other.
- Lifestyle. We drive strategy through innovation. We do honorable work, and we live our core beliefs.
- Recognition. We offer a total compensation package, performance bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so much more!
Let’s work together
Submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox and/or your spam folder to ensure you don’t miss important updates from us.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Our differences, visible and invisible, make every individual at CSAA Insurance Group unique and valuable. We strive to foster a culture where all employees feel a sense of belonging and can leverage their differences to thrive. We believe in embracing our unique identities, experiences, and points of view to advance our company and reflect our communities and members.
CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Must have authorization to work indefinitely in the US.
Per Nevada SB293 we are disclosing the compensation, or range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Nevada. If performed in Nevada, this position has a salary range of $65,000 -$77,000. In compliance of Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be performed in Colorado. If performed in Colorado, this position has a(n) salary range of $68,000 -$80,000. The role includes an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), of up to 5% of eligible pay.
Please note, hourly or salary compensation, or the range of hourly or salary compensation available for a position may vary by location. We reserve the right to amend these benefits at any time and actual compensation will be determined at time of offer.