The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of Innovation and Technology Analyst I or Innovation and Technology Analyst I Trainee* to fill one (1) vacancy in the Applications Division of the Innovation and Technology Department. The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
Under general supervision, an Innovation and Technology Analyst I will perform a variety of professional, technical and analytical duties in the areas of programming, testing, troubleshooting, installation, implementation, documentation and maintenance of assigned systems, databases, programs and applications; and perform other duties as assigned.
Innovation and Technology Analyst I:
Beginning Salary: $61,312 annually
Innovation and Technology Analyst I Trainee**:
Beginning Salary: $54,696 annually
*Innovation and Technology Analyst I Trainee must meet the minimum requirements within 12 months of appointment.
** Innovation and Technology Analyst I Trainee compensation is 15% below the salary range as of the date of this posting.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform routine system analysis in the design, development, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of information systems, networks, servers, supporting hardware and software applications.
- Provide technical assistance to system users in accordance with applicable information systems policies, procedures, methods and techniques.
- Participate in evaluating, planning, implementing and integrating new systems and current system upgrades.
- Prepare and design technical reports through database and report writing tools.
- Develop time management tasks as they relate to a project implementation.
- Perform research, gather costing information, vendor quotes and recommend hardware and software based on current or new City standards.
- Develop and produce system documentation, instructional and procedural manuals.
- Coordinate and conduct training for client users on assigned systems, applications, or other special projects.
- Work with administration and propose enhancements to improve services, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain effective and professional relationships with vendors and their technical support personnel.
Qualifications listed below are for the IT Analyst I, however, a candidate can qualify as a Trainee with 1 year less experience than indicated.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
Experience: One year of full-time work experience in computer science, information systems, voice/data communications, data center operations, database administration or a related field.
Education: Equivalent to an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
Experience: Three years of full-time work experience in computer science, information systems, voice/data communications, data center operations, database administration or a related field.
Education: High School graduation or satisfactory equivalent (GED).
Experience: Five years of full-time work experience in computer science, information systems, voice/data communications, data center operations, database administration or a related field.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Possession of an appropriate, valid, class “C” California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- When assigned to the Police Department, must be able to successfully pass an extensive police background.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in developing mobile applications for both iOS and Android platforms using Xamarin or React Native.
- Familiarity with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle such as requirement analysis, design, development, quality assurance, and deployment.
- Familiarity with change management and version control.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are selected to move forward in the assessment process, you may be required to self-schedule your appointment. You will be notified via email of your status and provided with self-scheduling instructions. Please check your email regularly following the closing date of this recruitment.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen, and/or medical/physical examination.
NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list.
Proof of education listed in your application will be requested at the time of conditional offer. Acceptable documentation consists of transcripts or degree, if applicable, by the accredited U.S. college or university.
Education obtained outside the United States (US) require one of the following options:
- An equivalency statement from an evaluation company certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) at http://www.naces.org/members.html or the Association of International Credential Evaluators Inc. (AICE) at http://aice-eval.org/members/.
- An advanced-level degree from an accredited US college or university.
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.