Remote Work is available with only 1-2 days per month of physical presence in the office required. When physical presence is required, employees are responsible for travel expenses to their office site. Additional Hybrid Telework and Alternative Work Week Schedules are also available.
University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) employees may qualify to transfer their current and previous employment credit to State of California employment through CalPERS. Human Resources can help with this process upon employment or you can reach out to CalPERS for inquiries at (888) 225-7377.
Under direction, incumbents typically perform a variety of recurring, well-defined tasks requiring occasional, innovative problem solving within guidelines and a scope that may encompass one or more units, functions or processes in the Client Services domain.
Typical tasks performed within each domain may include:
• Provide metrics on services to support service level agreements.
• Install or repair hardware, or peripheral equipment.
• Develop, implement, and maintain training.
• Review data sharing agreements prior to release of confidential information.
• Create, test, maintain, and deploy desktop images.
• Conduct end user training related to client technologies.
• Configure, deploy, and maintain end-user devices.
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and mobile applications.
• Support conference rooms, assist users with webinars/meetings
• Perform problem and incident management related to client technologies.
• Recommend incident control/problem management process improvements.
• Conduct research and analysis of new client technologies.
• Analyze data to identify trends or relationships among variables.
• Install, configure, and/or maintain systems. Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
The incumbent leads and participates in Tier 2 and Tier 3 support as part of the IT Service Desk for the Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) Information Technology needs. The incumbent leads and participates in Tier 2 and Tier 3 triage, resolution, and escalation of support tickets. Incumbent performs a variety of tasks in research, configuration, installation and testing new or upgraded computer hardware and software, including desktops, laptops, printers, external storage systems, scanners, smartphones, and other devices. Incumbent troubleshoots technical issues with software and hardware in support of Tier 2 and Tier 3 duties. The incumbent acts as a mentor for Tier 1 Service Desk personnel. Incumbent
Do you have the following education or experience?
Two years as an Information Technology Associate; or
Four years of general information technology experience performing technical and/or analytical tasks for computer systems or services in any of the six domains or emerging information technology fields; or
120 semester units (or 180 quarter units) from an accredited college or university including at least 15 semester units (or 22.5 quarter units) of information technology or closely related course work; or
Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
When using education to meet minimum qualifications, education must include the specified IT or closely related course work.
If so, you may meet the minimum qualifications. Apply today!