The California Department of Insurance (CDI) is seeking an IT Specialist I to perform business analyst duties to support information technology projects managed by CDI’s Information Technology Division (ITD) within the Business Technology Management domain. The business analyst is responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business users by assessing existing business processes to determine the new to-be business process that focuses on delivering data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders.
The ITS I shall:
- Review information technology project requests that are part of CDI’s prioritized portfolio and work with the program business offices to identify/confirm scope
- Conduct Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions
- Develop business process flowcharts, elicit and define detailed requirements, work with the business to prioritize requirements and incorporate feedback and approval by the business
- Develop a Business Requirements Document (BRD)
- Analyze current business processes to assist the business users with identifying technical solutions to improve their business processes.
The ideal candidate will possess most of the following desirable qualifications:
- In-depth analysis with a high-level view of goals and end deliverables.
- Ability to complete multiple simultaneous assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge in software development projects and ability to document processes and procedures as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members and independently on assigned tasks and deliverables with minimum supervision.
- Communicate effectively with users at all levels verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, working closely and actively communicating with team members to accomplish time-critical tasks and deliverables.
- Think creatively and critically, analyze complex problems, weigh multiple solutions, and present recommendations.