View job on Handshake
University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) employees may qualify to transfer their current and previous employment credit to State of California employment through CalPERS. Human Resources can help with this process upon employment or you can reach out to CalPERS for inquiries at (888) 225-7377.
Under general supervision, incumbents typically perform a variety of recurring, well-defined tasks requiring occasional, innovative problem solving within guidelines and a scope that may encompass one or more units, functions or processes in the Business Technology Management, Client Services, and Software Engineering domains.
Typical tasks performed within each domain may include:
Business Technology Management:
• Analyze, develop, and document business and technical requirements for technology solutions and enablers.
• Analyze, develop, and document business and technical processes utilizing industry best practices and standard methodologies.
• Develop procedures, guidelines, and standards that ensure compliance with State and
departmental rules and regulations.
• Facilitate meetings and coordinate project activities related to IT projects.
• Develop and conduct end user training related to client technologies.
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and mobile applications.
• Perform problem and incident management related to client technologies.
• Recommend incident control/problem management process improvements.
• Analyze data to identify trends or relationships among variables.
• Install, configure, update, and maintain enterprise IT systems.
• Gather, review, and document system requirements and specifications to ensure alignment with functional and non-functional requirements.
• Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
• Test software systems using test cases and test data to meet defined functional and non-functional requirements.
• Code software components using industry best practices and methodologies to ensure secure, reliable, and accessible solutions.
• Update standards, procedures, and controls to ensure proper installation, configuration, maintenance, security, reliability, and availability of systems/databases.
The incumbent serves as a technical resource and business analyst within the Enterprise Platforms Group (EPG), IT Operations Branch (ITO). The incumbent will be part of a highly skilled technical team that support and enhance HCAI’s core services by delivering enterprise IT solutions and maintaining system availability. The incumbent is expected to be highly motivated and capable of working within a fast-paced IT environment. The incumbent will be expected to learn quickly, adjust to changing circumstances, communicate effectively to staff and management, and provide valuable customer service.
Do you have the following education or experience?
Eighteen months as an Information Technology Technician; or
Two years of general information technology experience performing technical, analytical, or support tasks for computer systems or services in any of the six domains or emerging information technology fields; or
60 semester units (or 90 quarter units) from an accredited college or university including at least 15 semester units (or 22.5 quarter units) of information technology or closely related course work; or
Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
When using education to meet minimum qualifications, education must include the specified information technology or closely related course work. Closely related course work refers to a course of study involving the study of computing, such as software engineering, computer engineering, Management Information Systems, Geographic Information System, and computing technology.
If so, you may meet the minimum qualifications. Apply today!