Closing Date/Time: 3/16/2022
Working Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Work Location: DoIT/DHS; 100 South Grand Ave E Springfield, IL 62762
Job Identification #: 28-32-12322
To apply, please complete and submit a CMS-100 Employment Application (version dated 9/2020 or after) via email to: Zhuya.email@example.com
CMS100 Application Download Link:
Under administrative direction, performs complex professional and advisory functions in planning, analysis and evaluation of operations for the applications within Clinical Systems. Develops and maintains complex application assignments that support Category I Critical systems; interacts with analysts and users of Clinical Systems services to provide assistance and training. Independently performs complex coding, testing and implementation for highly technical systems development. Travels in the performance of duties.
1. Analyzes, coordinates and performs complex coding and testing associated with the applications in Clinical Systems. Develops, modifies and maintains applications utilizing SQL, COBOL, JCL, DB2, Easytrieve, VSAM and CICS. Prepares specifications and documentation. Confers with users to implement new and/or changing initiatives. Coordinates and conducts the designing, testing, implementation and maintenance of Clinical Systems applications.
2. Designs, writes and documents programming and analysis specifications.
3. Interacts with user staff regarding requirements for Clinical Systems and develops follow-up reports for the monitoring of the system and the projections of program costs including the documentation of conceptual, general and detail designs. Travels in the performance of duties.
4. Coordinates the system testing, pilot runs and production parallel system operations; trains user staff; coordinates system implementation with user personnel.
5. Attends meetings, conferences and training opportunities to gain knowledge of new technology and enhance skills.
6. Performs other duties as assigned or required which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.
Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to four years of college with course work in computer science or directly related fields, supplemented by three years of professional experience in a related Information Technology field.
Specialized Skills: Of the three years of experience, requires three years of experience working with COBOL, VSAM, CICS, JCL, DB2 and Easytrieve.
Conditions of Employment
• Requires the ability to travel.