View job on Handshake
The Industry Analyst performs quantitative and qualitative research in support of a wide variety of projects related to Environmental Sustainability in the North American automotive industry. This position reports directly to Director, Technology.
CAR offers a competitive compensation package, including health care benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay, and a flexible work environment. These offerings represent a significant investment in CAR’s most valuable asset—the people who work here.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $80,000
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Closely follow developments within the automotive industry and overall economy
- Conduct research and prepare reports
- Acquire, analyze, describe, verify/validate, and present data
- Assemble, organize, and maintain datasets for use in statistical analysis
- Participate in proposal teams and help to obtain funding from industry and government sources
- Search, review, and summarize existing research literature; apply findings
- Review and summarize text complex literature (ex. federal regulations or policies) for a variety of audiences
- Prepare results, including tabular and graphical presentations; write sections of research reports
- Actively participate in project meetings
- Collaborate effectively with other researchers within and outside CAR
- Qualified candidates must have an understanding of and strong interest in the aspects of environmental sustainability for the automotive industry
- At least a bachelor’s degree in the fields of engineering, business, public policy, statistics, or a related field
- 4-6 years of increasingly responsible experience in a research environment
- Proven ability to execute tasks and projects and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated a high level of initiative
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Familiarity with government and other data sources
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Ability to convey research findings clearly and effectively through written reports, charts, tables, and presentations
- Attention to detail and fact-based analysis
- A team player who can work across multiple functions and cultures effectively
- Experience evaluating funding sources and securing funding
- Familiarity with automotive materials and processes
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Angie Ely at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, protected disability, or other characteristics protected by law.