The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Hydrology Modeling Data Analyst with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $30.76 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Scientific background in the following: data analysis, statistical methods, climate change effects on the water cycle and climate modeling;
- Experience with HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS modeling;
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in GIS (geographic information systems), geospatial data compilation and analysis;
- Experience with scientific units used in Earth sciences and unit conversions; and
- Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills.
- Experience programming in R or Python and
- Experience with Unix/Linux-based systems
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Master’s degree in the fields of hydrology, climatology or a related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Public Health and Environmental Assessment (CPHEA) provides the science needed to understand the complex interrelationship between people and nature in support of assessments and policy to protect human health and ecological integrity. Within CPHEA, the Public Health and Environmental Systems Division (PHESD) focuses on the interrelationships between people and their environment, promotes human health and well-being, and fosters healthy and safe communities.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Examining of the results under different climate scenarios;
- Analyzing of the flood levels risk modifications to nearby communities, infrastructure, and aquatic resources;
- Documenting methods and database development efforts; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org