View job on Handshake
Would you rate your verbal and written communication skills as exceptional? Are you detail oriented, and able to multi-task competing priorities? If this sounds like you then consider joining our Human Resources Branch (HRB), Examination and Certification Unit (ECU)!
The ECU is seeking to fill a Staff Services Analyst position. This position will be responsible for evaluating, planning, developing, and administering Department service wide examinations. This position works closely with program management and internal staff to include the California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) and the State Personnel Board (SPB), to support and enhance examination and selection process for effective results.
Education: Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized four-year accredited college or university. (Registration as a senior in a recognized institution will admit applicants to the examination, but they must produce evidence of graduation or its equivalent before they can be considered eligible for appointment.)
Work experience in the California state service may be substituted for the required education in Pattern I on a year-for-year basis by applicants who have at least six semester or nine quarter units of college level training in public or business administration, accounting, economics, political or social science, English, speech, statistics, law, or a closely related area
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with experience multi-tasking with strong organizational skills
- Ability to establish and build positive, cohesive working relationships
- Eagerness to learn and adapt quickly
- 1+ years in a Human Resources role
- Experience facilitating/leading meetings
Application Deadline: February 9, 2022!
How to Apply
- Create a CalCareers Account at https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHRPublic/Login.aspx
- Take and pass the Staff Services Analyst (General) exam at https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Exams/Bulletin.aspx?examCD=7PB34
- Apply to the Job at https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=288955