View job on Handshake
Consumer Research Intern Time Frame: Summer 2022
Work Location: Madison, WI (Our office is on 34 Schroeder Court, Madison, WI)
We are seeking a strategic and innovative intern to join our H3IC innovation team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the lean-startup methodology. Lean-startup methodology is based on developing businesses and products through means of shortening the product development cycles by adopting a combination of business hypothesis driven experimentation, iterative product releases and validated learning. It teaches you how to drive a startup – how to steer, when to turn and when to persevere and grow a business with maximum acceleration.
- Scanning the personal financial service landscape, collecting data on consumers preference trends, competitors, new products and marketplace in general.
- Consolidate information into personal finance eco-system structure to help the team remain fully informed on market trends with reports and/or presentations.
- Conducting ad-hoc in-depth analysis for specific offerings in the market, to include but not limited to, consumer value proposal, customer target, customer experiences, business models, scope and methods of operation.
- Participating in consumer discovering research with the team including consumer surveys, consumer in-person interviews and consumer behavioral research.
- Providing strategic insights of product development by bring the gap of consumer needs and current marketing offerings.
- Flexibility with multiple tasks requested by the team.
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to explain complex concepts.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field. MBA preferred.
- 2+ years of finance/customer experience/marketing/product management experience preferred.