Why is Health Advocate a great place to work? For starters, Health Advocate employees enjoy helping people every single day. Employees are given the training they need to do their jobs well, and they work with supervisors and staff who are supportive and friendly. Employees have room to grow, and many of Health Advocate’s supervisors are promoted from within the company.
Health Advocate, Inc., the nation’s leading healthcare advocacy and assistance company, offers a range of personalized services to help employees and their families navigate the complex health and insurance systems and helps employers improve health care outcomes and reduce medical expenditures. The company serves more than 9,000 clients and nearly 24 million people across the country.
In order to continue to serve the needs of our clients, we are strengthening our focus on health services and outcomes research and population management interventions. We will integrate complex sources of health care data to provide customized solutions that promote quality and value in health care. We are committed to the academic integrity of our programs and will be designing and publishing peer-reviewed studies that will adhere to rigorous scientific and academic standards.
Under limited supervision, the Healthcare Analyst will use advanced SAS skills to manipulate, analyze and report on complex health care data from a variety of different sources, including administrative claims, encounters, lab, biometric screenings, HRA, etc. Provide analytical supports and solutions to business decision making and product development initiatives.
- Validate and analyze large claims datasets from a variety of health plans and clients
- Generate baseline utilization/chronic condition and risk stratification reports
- Code programs that will create an online Health Information Dashboard
- Ad-hoc investigative analysis and report creation as needed
- Excellent team player with high level of personal initiative
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
Qualifications, Training, Education and Experience:
- Master degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Biostatistics, Public Health, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Possess extensive knowledge of developing, modifying and maintaining SAS program suites
- Significant experience working with large databases (e.g., over 5 million records), data warehousing, and knowledge of SAS MACRO and other advanced techniques is required
- Understanding of relational data base structure and experience working with complex data systems
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with healthcare related data and research preferred
- Certified Base and/or Advanced SAS programmer preferred
- Three or more years of experience with advanced/complex SAS programming and application development
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products such as Excel, Access, etc. and VBA
- Experience with different database systems such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc. preferred
Health Advocate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other factor not related to job requirements. We respect and value diversity, and are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.