View job on Handshake
Your Talent. Our Vision. At AIM Specialty Health (AIM), a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Our corporate office is seeking graduate level interns for the Summer 2022 program.
As an intern, you will work with a cross-functional team focused on solving complex business and technical challenges facing the organization.
Primary responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Identify opportunities to address key challenges impacting our business and improve ongoing operations
- Research and analyze available data to identify gaps or trends that support critical decisions, product development efforts or the utilization of current programs; collaboratively develop hypotheses and present recommendations to leaders
- Perform strategic data analysis (data mining) and research, as appropriate, to support business needs (e.g., disease management, provider profiling, etc.).
- Develop a good understanding of relevant business processes, goals, and strategies to provide targeted recommendations supported by data analysis
- Create written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings, support fact-based recommendations, and substantiate conclusions
- Present project findings to multiple internal audiences and incorporate feedback to enhance analysis, recommendations, and deliverables
- Leverage benchmarking datasets to compare program performance across clients and against external databases as required (e.g., Milliman, CMS, Thompson Reuters)
Functions OR examples of projects for this role:
- Assess the end-to-end project delivery process and available data to identify gaps or inefficiencies, present recommendations and quantify the impact of proposed changes
- Analyze and digitize existing contracts and client documentation to create a comprehensive inventory of contractual requirements, configuration options and service level agreements
- Profile available organizational datasets and assess stakeholder needs to design, prototype, and build dashboards that provide actionable insights to key audiences
- Pursuing a degree in Health Services Administration, Data Analytics, Public Health, or other related degrees (MS preferred)
- Experience working with coding languages and/or other data analytics platforms and visualization tools (e.g., SQL, R, Python, Qlik, Tableau, Alteryx) is preferred
- Experience in conducting structured data analysis and data visualization
- Analytical skills with demonstrated ability to review data and make fact-based decisions and/or recommendations
- Intermediate/Advanced skills with MS Office Suite, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working for a healthcare payer organization or other healthcare industry areas preferred
- Ability to work from AIM’s Chicago, IL office or remotely depending on health and safety considerations at the time of the internship
**Must be enrolled in a full-time accredited university program throughout the duration of the internship
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.