View job on Handshake
GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. We provide sophisticated execution and liquidity services to token projects, institutional and HNW investors and crypto exchanges.
We are looking to hire Analysts on to our 2022 Trading and Research Graduate Program at our New York office.
The role will be an integral part of the firm’s Trading and Research Team helping to shape and build the cutting-edge strategies and tools used for real-time programmatic trading including market making and OTC/DEFI trading.
This role reports to the Trading and Research team lead in the region.
GSR’s Graduate program – what we offer:
The Graduate program will commence in July 2022 and will be a 6 month structured program that will offer you a fantastic chance to quickly integrate and embed in GSR’s Trading & Research team.
Your journey will begin with an intensive leading training program that will equip you with professional skills, technical and financial training.
Working closely with your manager, you will develop a deep knowledge of GSR, Quant trading and Research. During your first 6 months, you will gain hands-on, interactive training experience, from our trading and research professionals. You will have the opportunity to experience 3 desk rotations across the Market Making, Options Market Making, OTC/DEFI trading and Quantitative Trading and Research.
We will ensure you have a continuous learning experience and are fully supported and guided by your managers and mentored by experienced quant traders and researchers.
Who are we looking for?:
● You will be a 2022 graduate from an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in either Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Quant Finance, Statistics, Electrical or Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Computer Science or similar
● You will be on track to achieve a 2:1 or equivalent as a minimum
● You will be a team player with excellent communications skills, highly motivated, adaptable and proactive
● Excellent organisation skills, ability to prioritise tasks and react to change quickly whilst working in a fast paced environment
● A disciplined self-starter with a positive attitude who is resilient, calm and possesses a significant degree of analytical rigor and strong attention to detail
● Have an entrepreneurial mind set
● A passion for financial / crypto markets, logic and problem solving and comfortable working in C++, Python, as well as MySQL and Linux.
● Strong interest in either Quant Trading / OTC Trading / Research
● Excellent numerical and analytical skills
● Previous internship experience in Financial Services is desirable
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to start your career with the world’s fastest-growing crypto trading company
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Great benefits that include 30 paid vacation days, healthcare and pension scheme
- Full time Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm role
Our Trading platform:
Founded in 2013, we specialize in providing liquidity, risk management and structured products to institutional participants in the digital asset ecosystem. Our team of traders and technology executives from Tower Research, Citadel, Virtu, TMG, Source Capital among others, have developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. As a founding member of The Association for Digital Asset Markets (ADAM), GSR is also a leader in establishing and maintaining industry standards and protocols to support the healthy development and evolution of the global digital assets serving key exchanges and clients globally. GSR is an international company with operations in the USA, Europe and Asia.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role.
How to apply:
Applications are now open and we will be inviting those successfully selected to initial assessment in early 2022.
**Please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation.
Please note, applications without a letter will not be reviewed.
We are able to provide work visa sponsorship for this program on a case by case basis.