Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Under the direction of the Production Manager, this position will manage and implement the activities on the shop floor, following established procedures and approved processes consistent with JELD-WEN’s Mission Statement.
- This position will work with “Lead” employees and is responsible for providing direct leadership to some “Lead” employees and their subordinates in their assigned areas of production in support of plant operations, goals and objectives.
- Position acts as a Liaison between upper management and the rank and file hourly employees providing timely feedback up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- This position directly supervises all production and production support operations, and drives SQDCI, TPS, OTD and CI activities and initiatives during the process.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities, based upon company Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Assures team activities, equipment, facilities, and personnel are operated and maintained in a manner consistent with plant production goals and objectives, as established by the Plant Manager, Production Manager, and other managerial personnel, inclusive of corporate goals and objectives.
- Assist the Plant Manager and Production Manager in establishing and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality control standards in accordance with SQDCI, TPS, and Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies.
- Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment, and/or make recommendations and adjustments to plant facilities and equipment to the Plant and Production Managers when necessary, in conjunction with CI initiatives, goals/objectives.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company goals and objectives in accordance with JELD-WEN’s Mission Statement.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Assists in development, and implements safety awareness programs, communicates safety issues, corrects safety related problems, and assists in investigations into safety related issues as needed and as directed.
- Assists in the performance evaluations of staff, and assists in proactive actions of subordinate personnel on an annual, bi-annual, or on an as needed basis.
- May perform other or specified duties as directed by the Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager, Production Manager, or other appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a related field and one (1) to three (3) years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the window and door industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, to be determined by plant management.
- Some related college work and five (5) to seven (7) years of applicable work experience, to be determined by plant management.
- At least seven (7) to ten (10) years of applicable work experience in the window and door industry, to be determined by plant management.
- Knowledge of raw materials, preferably for door and window applications.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing process improvement techniques including, but not limited to, SQDCI, OTD, TPS, and Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies and activities.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills, and the ability to drive manufacturing process improvement techniques throughout the production process in a skillful and deliberate manner.
- Strong team skills, including the ability to coach and develop work teams and provide appropriate training on CI methods and initiatives to subordinates.
- The ability to motivate/empower others, and resolve conflict, and possess a basic understanding of management principles and concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Basic understanding of JELD-WEN’s Mission Statement and overall corporate goals and objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Strong knowledge of door and window production machines and tools.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities on a daily basis.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other position applicable software applications.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services