Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- This summer student 2023 position will support ongoing research and development projects to improve safety and mobility in a variety of areas through the use of emerging technologies including connected and automated vehicles and unmanned aerial systems.
- Additional information about the type of work conducted by the Cooperative Systems Section can be found at: https://www.swri.org/connected-vehicle-technologies and https://www.swri.org/unmanned-aerial-systems
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop hardware and/or software solutions for intelligent vehicle systems (connected vehicles, automated vehicles, unmanned aerial systems).
- Perform laboratory and/or field testing of hardware and/or software solutions for intelligent vehicle systems.
- Coordinate technical tasks with project managers and engineering staff.
- Support preparation of technical documentation and presentation material.
- Must be a Senior pursuing a BS degree or pursuing a graduate degree with a3.00 GPA in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or directly related
- Academic coursework and project work related to wireless communication, connected vehicles (CV), vehicle-to-everything (V2X), automated vehicles (AVs), or unmanned aerial systems (UAS)
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.