Start Here, Go Anywhere!
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Utilizing financial systems to assist the Senior Project Controls/Project Commercial Manager in reviewing, monitoring and reporting project financial results and other performance parameters
• Assisting in preparing resource plans for projects
• Assisting with setting up job codes and budgets, and monitoring and reporting on progress
• Assisting with the collection, review and compilation of timesheets for time basis jobs
• Interfacing with the design team to track and compile engineering progress information to assist EV analysis
• Assisting with preparation of monthly client invoices.
• Compiling expense backup and assisting with preparing project expense invoices
• Assisting with tracking of Sub-contractor costs, reviewing invoices and monitoring payments
• Logging and tracking scope changes and assisting in issuing change order requests
• Support in the preparation of basic project schedules
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
• Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
• Knowledge of MS Office suite
• Top applicants will possess excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day
• Delta Sky Way at LAX
• USC Village
• LA Memorial Coliseum
• The Broad Museum
• LACMTA Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor
Flexible Working – We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options include alternative schedules, part-time or reduced hours schedule, and/or the ability to work remotely for a portion of your work week.
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Arup offers many benefits to eligible FT employees, some of which are outlined below:
- Global Profit Share – paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) – with a dollar-for-dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement