Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and motivated Generalist TD to join the Blizzard Animation Team. This position will facilitate the support of various production departments focusing on Houdini and Maya workflows. You should have a thorough knowledge of animation, modeling, and layout tools used in the CG/VFX industry, as well as related cross pipeline workflows. In addition, you will also implement tools and workflow automation, as well as work with technical and art supervisors to determine tool requirements, and asset needs for various teams. Must be excellent communicator.
- Expert Python development and debugging skills.
- Thorough understanding of techniques, and technologies relating to CG front end pipelines, and workflow.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Houdini.
- Experience with Qt, PyQt, PySide.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Technical support focused.
- Familiarity with animation and rigging pipelines.
- C, C++ programming experience.
- Experience with Alembic, USD and other industry standard formats/APIs.
- Able to create workflows or tools in new unfamiliar areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Familiar with Blizzard games and Cinematics.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.