View job on Handshake
Who we are:
We are the Scotiabank GBM (Global Banking & Markets) U.S. Data Governance Office responsible for data governance programs that include data architecture, data governance, data measurement, data remediation, data quality, and data analytics.
Within the U.S. Data Governance Office, in the U.S. Data Office team, we work with the U.S. Risk Management, BSA AML & OFAC, and Finance groups to establish data-related policies, frameworks, and procedures, execute data quality measurements, and facilitate the data quality issue management process.
What you’ll do:
As part of a team, you will work with various data domains, e.g., Customer, Finance, Risk, Legal, etc. within the U.S. Data Office to analyse data, define data validation rules to ensure the data is fit for purpose, help detect data quality issues and conduct root cause analysis to help resolve issues. You will work closely with data governance professionals from various domains including Finance, Risk (Credit, Market, Liquidity), Customer, Legal groups, and various Compliance/Anti-Money Laundering functions.
The following are the primary activities you will perform:
- Perform data analysis on domain data
- Identify patterns in data through analytics in order to determine outliers and data quality issues
- Work with data governance officers to define data validation/quality rules relating to the data
- Validate exceptions and develop appropriate recommendations to address these exceptions
- Assist in other duties as assigned
‘What you’ll have’:
- Strong analytical skills necessary to assist in performance of testing
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Excellent working knowledge in Excel
- Familiarity with one or more of the following with SQL, Python, JSON/XML, MS Power BI/Tableau
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess good judgment and time management skills
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Curious, analytical, and able to manage tight deadlines
- Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Analytics, or Data Science or related degree
- Accounting/Finance Minor is a plus
All interested applicants must be enrolled in a program with a post-secondary educational institution. We will confirm with your school that you are enrolled.
You will gain experience in …
- Working within a Data Office at a major financial institution
- Data Governance Procedures
- Data Analysis
- Data Quality Measurement
- We may split your time working with two different managers to gain knowledge in two separate domains
- Business Casual Attire
- On-site cafeteria