View job on Handshake
The Chewy Campus Recruiting Team is seeking passionate, analytical, problem-solving second-year graduate school students. We are revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest-growing e-commerce retailers of all time. As an Accelerated Leadership Program (ALP) Operations Manager, you will accelerate your career development and have an immediate impact within our teams in one of our Fulfillment Centers. We have 13 across the USA. You can use this application to apply at any of the FCs in the network. This is a FULLTIME OPPORTUNITY with benefits, an Operations Manager salary, and incentive grants. MUST BE GRADUATING IN THE SPRING of 2023 WITH A GRADUATE DEGREE.
At Chewy you will lead and develop team members in the proper receiving, storage, and shipping of our pet retail products. You are a critical front-line leader in developing new strategies and creating continual process improvements for delivering on Chewy’s promise of world-class customer service and timely delivery. This role will give you an opportunity to help us be the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents (and partners) everywhere.
The Accelerated Leadership Program (ALP) is a 3-year development program intended to rapidly progress talented master’s degree graduates with the skills required to be future Chewy General Managers, Directors, Sr. Directors, and VP’s. In this program you will have the ability to orchestrate your career within Operations and beyond. This role provides a high level of exposure to Sr. Leaders in fulfillment and is at the forefront of the company’s operating initiatives. Our Fulfillment Operations leaders are critical to executing strategy in a fast paced, high volume, operations-based environment.
Accelerated Leadership Program graduates may lead organizations of nearly 5,000 individuals, have financial responsibility for labor in excess of $5M per week, and have oversight of over $70M in capital projects. The following is a brief overview of this accelerated track to executive leadership:
Step 1: Start your operations career by immersing yourself in the front line, serving in the capacity of an Area Manager to learn the ins and outs of the operation firsthand. You will build on your leadership acumen by managing and directing 35-75 team members in one of our fulfillment centers. As part of this role, you will drive continuous improvement initiatives utilizing Lean Principles and analytics to deliver step level changes to safety, quality, and costs for the organization.
Step 2: Progress to the Operations Manager role and gain experience leading other managers and teams of 150-350 team members. Drive operational process improvements by working cross- functionally with engineering and technology teams across Chewy. You will operate at depth, diving deep into data analytics and provide challenging, workable business solutions.
Step 3: Promote to Senior Manager position where you will lead through others to execute on regional and or network initiatives. Leaders will also have an opportunity to move into highly sought-after roles in Supply Chain, Transportation and Technology to further their own growth while relentlessly driving the business. Emerge as a leader known for operating at depth and delivering results.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver results by providing hands-on operational leadership with team members in one of the most critical roles in our Fulfillment Centers (FC).
- Act as an owner by taking responsibility for meeting and exceeding established productivity, safety, labor, and quality objectives.
- Think big by supporting the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions.
- Operate at depth while working with other teams to extract, transform, and analyze data from sources across the business using a variety of technology platforms.
- Earn trust by developing and promoting open lines of communication to maintain and develop positive employee relations, encourage employee involvement, and recognize employees for their accomplishments and innovation.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root while simultaneously stepping back to understand the broader context, while considering how those decisions keep our customers first.
- Develop talent within your area to build high performing teams.
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited master’s degree program with an anticipated graduation date of May 2023.
- Proven leadership experience through a combination of work experience, college athletics, student clubs and organizations, volunteerism, or military service.
- 4+ years of relevant full-time work experience in operations, supply chain, engineering, or military service.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with a data driven approach to thinking, analyzing, and solving problems at both tactical and strategic levels.
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills with the ability to navigate ambiguity and take a process-driven approach to decision making.
- Ability to operate effectively in both independent and team-based environments, with a strong desire for future people leadership responsibilities.
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience building and working in dashboards.
- Candidates must have the flexibility to work a 40-hour workweek involving DAYS, NIGHTS and/or weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to stand and /or walk for up to 10 hours daily.
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization is required.
What Separates You From The Pack:
- Certification or experience in Lean Six Sigma and/or Green Belt.
- Previous experience using SQL or Tableau.