Who We Are
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is a private, nonprofit corporation headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, just outside Washington, DC. IDA’s mission is to answer the most challenging U.S. security and science policy questions with objective analysis leveraging extraordinary scientific, technical, and analytic expertise. IDA operates three Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDC’s).
The Financial Systems Analyst Lead supports the Senior Manager, Financial Strategy and Analytics in the business modernization initiative in IDA by applying finance and accounting best practices to improve and automate financial systems and processes using a variety of data-driven tools. Translates business processes and data requirements to application and technology solutions by leading and coordinating the design and implementation of financial systems and reports. Performs and/or oversees strategic reporting and systems development. Manages the implementation and usage of Deltek Costpoint ERP and Costpoint BI systems. Serves as the Finance liaison for company-wide technology initiatives.
- Leads all efforts related to understanding business requirements and recommending system configuration enhancements for simpler, more efficient and user-friendly processes with focus on accounting, payroll, contracts, procurement, project costing, fixed assets, cash, billing/accounts receivable, accounts payable, travel and financial reporting.
- Collaborates with stakeholders throughout IDA to support company analysis, data, and solution requirements as well as problem resolutions that align with IDA’s business strategies.
- Maintains an understanding of financial, accounting, planning, contracts, procurement, and financial reporting concepts and applies them to financial systems.
- Stays current with technology solutions and tools to generate strategic and operational efficiencies while maintaining sound internal controls.
- Manages full life cycle of systems changes, including requirements, design, testing, deployment and training.
- Identifies configuration updates that will improve financial operations, usability, and/or timeliness of information
- Implements and/or works with primary process owners to implement system changes as necessary
- Coordinates and tests any custom development with IT team
- Manages end-user testing of new features of the system as they are implemented to verify expected results.
- Provides support and guidance to end users; may provide formal or informal training.
- Primary contact for Finance to resolve functional issues and acts as subject matter expert for Deltek Costpoint ERP and BI systems as it relates to configuration, integration and enhancement projects.
- Serves as liaison between Finance and IT Directorate.
- Supports financial systems upgrades and all IT projects that require Costpoint data and/or integration.
- In conjunction with IT and Training Teams, ensures financial system and all related integrations are well documented to support financial systems audit compliance.
- Works with Finance to identify and execute enhancement and automation opportunities, process improvement, and additional internal controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems or related area; Master’s degree or industry-accredited certifications preferred.
- Ten years combination experience in project management and system development lifecycle; with at least five years functional, hands-on Costpoint experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of staff and external personnel.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio or similar diagramming tool).
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and the ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearances.
- US citizenship is required.
Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required