Community Living Campaign, a San Francisco non-profit organization serving the needs of seniors and people with disabilities, is looking for a Financial Systems Analyst to strengthen our day-to-day financial operations.
CLC’s mission is to ensure older adults and people with disabilities can age and thrive in their own homes and neighborhoods. To accomplish this mission, CLC promotes neighborhood-based Community Networks to bring people and services together. CLC also spearheads citywide initiatives to promote digital access and employment opportunities, and advocates on selected age and disability-related issues that are too big for any individuals, organizations, or neighborhoods to solve alone. CLC is participant-focused and driven, able to shift quickly to meet evolving needs on both a neighborhood and larger systemic level.
The past few years have led to substantial growth and expansion in both our government- and grant-funded programs and activities. To build on this recent growth and success, CLC is looking to strengthen its finance and business systems team with a strong Financial Systems Analyst who understands our mission and has the prerequisite skills and dedication to help support our growth. We are seeking someone with the right combination of financial knowledge and technical skills, along with a positive can-do spirit.
Responsibilities span a broad range of both day-to-day bookkeeping activities to more sophisticated operational improvement projects. These responsibilities include collecting and preparing monthly expense and billing information, making entries into our accounting and other financial systems, preparing reports, budgets and projections, and maintaining and improving our business systems. Below is a list of some of the specific tasks you will perform, while working with other members of the finance and operations teams:
- Credit card receipt processing and expense reimbursements
- Billing analysis and documentation
- Electronic bank deposits
- Accounting system entries using QuickBooks Online (A/P, A/R, account reconciliations)
- Payroll preparation and processing
- Financial report generation
- Budget preparation and analysis using Excel and other online tools
- Systems integration and process improvements
- Assisting with end-of-month and end-of-year accounting
- Complying with data integrity and security policies
- Scanning, filing and record maintenance
- Other related duties as required; position may evolve as the organization grows
Our ideal candidate has a good understanding of accounting principles, a high degree of proficiency with cloud-based business systems and tools, and very strong data manipulation skills using Excel and other applications. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy is essential. Specific requirements include:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Mac- or Windows-based applications and cloud-based business systems
- Professional or academic experience with:
- Excel, including advanced features such as conditional sums and pivot tables (essential)
- QuickBooks (1-2 years minimum experience)
- Google Workspace (strongly preferred)
- Online payroll processing, benefits admin, and/or time tracking systems (a plus)
- Dropbox, Box, or other content sharing solutions (a plus)
- CRM or other cloud-based database systems (a plus)
- B.S. in accounting, business, finance, economics, statistics, data science, systems operation, computer science, or math
- Demonstrated organizational skills and initiative
- Aptitude for learning new skills efficiently
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Supportive of CLC’s core mission and values
- Enthusiastic about working with older adults and people with disabilities from diverse communities
CLC’s office is located at 1663 Mission Street, Suite 525, San Francisco, CA. The facility is a collaborative workspace that serves as the hub of our diverse and innovative set of evolving programs. A portion of the work responsibilities for this position will require routine presence in the office. A majority of the work can be performed remotely. CLC has implemented strong health and safety precautions and all employees are expected to abide by these measures.
This is initially a part-time employee position, starting at 25 to 30 hours per week, and with a wage of $27-$30 per hour, depending on the candidate’s skill level and experience. It has the potential to become full-time as the organization grows. Benefits include health and dental insurance, paid leave, and a 3% end-of year supplement toward retirement or other needs.
Community Living Campaign is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the neighborhoods in which we work. Older adults, people with disabilities, Black and other people of color, LGBTQ+, and other candidates who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. To be considered, please apply directly through Handshake by submitting your resume and cover letter and expressing your interest and appropriate fit for this position.