Financial Development Program Jan 2022 Start Date
Financial Analyst – FDP
Grainger’s Financial Development Program is currently recruiting for full-time Financial Analyst positions to start January 2022. Grainger provides a flexible work environment, combining some remote work with work in our downtown Chicago and Lake Forest locations. The three-year program offers recent college graduates and early-in-career professionals the opportunity to cultivate the financial, analytic and professional skills required to be Finance Athletes capable of solving complex problems and driving growth and productivity. Participants gain broad, cross-functional exposure to different areas of corporate finance through a series of rotational experiences. These rotations may include, but are not limited to, the following areas: Financial Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Financial Planning and Analytics, Finance Operations and Shared Services.
At Grainger, we help keep people safe and businesses running through innovative solutions, state of the art technology, and world class service. As the industry market leader and tenth largest e-retailer in North America, our people are the differentiating factor and what has made us successful for 90 years and counting. We continue to grow and evolve by investing in our people, new technology and truly understanding the needs of our customers. We pride ourselves in helping our customers “get it done.”
We are a diverse, collaborative and energetic group that is passionate about helping our customers and our community. Our Finance team works hard to foster an exciting and challenging environment that encourages customer-centric and outside the box thinking and growth. Grainger is a place where you can flourish and make an impact on the world around you. If you are about “getting it done,” then Grainger is the place for you!
What You’ll Gain
- Differential exposure to senior leadership throughout Grainger, as well as Finance
- Direct experience influencing business decisions in multiple divisions of Grainger
- Technical skills with visualization tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI, SQL coding, R or Python experience, SAP ERP, financial planning software (SAP BPC)
How You’ll Grow
- A comprehensive onboarding process
- Structured development sessions
- Meet & Greets with executive leaders throughout the business
- Mentorship and coaching from peer-mentors, advisory board members, and managers
- Networking events
- Community Involvement and team building opportunities.
- Fun social events with other program participants and throughout the company
Finance Minimum Requirements
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and working towards a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, analytics, or data science, or a demonstrated interest in business, finance, or technology or a master’s degree with strong performance in related business subjects or have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in the above areas with 1–2 years of related work experience
- Expected graduation by December 2021
- Availability to start January 2022
- No visa sponsorships required now or in the future
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, especially thorough knowledge of Excel formulas
Highly Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of SQL or similar coding language
- Excellent financial modeling capabilities
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize data into information, reach logical conclusions, evaluate and improve processes
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.