Financial Sponsors Group
Houlihan Lokey’s Financial Sponsors Group is one of the broadest and deepest in the world, with 23 senior bankers dedicated to the sponsors community. Our international team provides coverage to more than 1,000 alternative capital providers located in the United States, Europe and elsewhere. The group’s mandate is to provide best-in-class advice to private equity firms, credit funds, family offices, and other sources of alternative capital on mergers and acquisitions, valuations and capital structures, and restructurings. Our clients value our independence, analytical rigor and deal savvy in various advisory functions, including:
· Selling companies to and for financials sponsors,
· Arranging debt and equity financings for their portfolio companies,
· Advising on complex financial restructurings and liability management issues,
· Rendering fairness and solvency opinions for the boards of directors of portfolio companies, and
· Valuing large and complex portfolios of illiquid securities.
Financial Analysts work with experienced senior coverage officers both to provide business unit analytics and coverage officer support on client initiatives.
Business unit analytics include analyzing the financial performance of the group on a monthly and quarterly basis, analyzing the firm’s level of success selling its different products to financial sponsors, preparing presentations for meetings with product group heads and our Board of Directors, creating annual presentations on the team’s performance and top accounts, tracking opportunity and engagement data critical to the firm, and organizing and monitoring new product introductions and calling programs.
Coverage officer support includes organizing the agenda for weekly group calls, working closely with M&A and restructuring deal teams to coordinate new deal introductions to our group, attending meetings and conference calls to support coverage officers, and preparing ad hoc reports, analyses, and marketing materials.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial, and as such, rewards Financial Analysts with significant responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals. Financial Analysts can expect substantial personal interaction one-on-one with Managing Directors and other senior-level bankers.
An undergraduate degree from a top academic institution is required, as are a strong work ethic, resourcefulness and good interpersonal skills. COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law.
· One or more years of investment banking, sales and trading, capital markets, accounting, or consulting experience are preferred.
· Candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff, strong analytical abilities, demonstrated knowledge of the financial markets, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.