Are you ready to join a high-performing Finance and Business Operations team in the defense industry? Odyssey is currently looking for a Financial Analyst who will support our C5ISR team at our Lincoln, MA, office. The ideal candidate will be willing and able to demonstrate dedication, self-motivation, innovation, and the ability to learn quickly.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Provide accurate and reliable income statement analysis to gain insight into operational trends.
- Provide monthly internal financial reporting and forecasting to cross-functional teams, including Odyssey Executive Leadership.
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial analysis reviews with the C5ISR leadership team.
Operations & Contract Execution
- Assist group and division leadership with business management support for a portfolio comprised of multiple complex contracts and task orders.
- Produce monthly contract deliverables and engage with customer leadership to discuss and review.
- Provide financial and operations analysis to provide insight and recommendations regarding the execution of all contracts in the Command & Control and Communications & Networks Divisions (Cost, Schedule, Performance) portfolio with the execution of ~$60M annually, to include current and past contracts in preparation for contract closeout.
- Maintain insight into all portfolio financial and workforce execution and projections, actively coordinating with Government, Odyssey, and Subcontractor points of contact to ensure accurate and timely hours and financial reports and invoices are produced and delivered accurately on time.
- Support Odyssey program and functional managers by providing several informational reports, detailed analysis, and guidance regarding employee and subcontractor utilization of hours, travel, and funding execution.
- Apply contract, accounting, and financial management expertise to assist managers with the successful planning and execution of day to day operations
- Actively engage with Odyssey managers to ensure optimal employee hour usage per contract requirements.
- Maintain visibility into Odyssey and subcontractor expenditures and funding balances communicating funding requirements to internal and external stakeholders as required in a timely fashion
- Partner with Odyssey Talent Acquisition POCs to ensure coordinated tracking of recruitment efforts.
- Update and accurately maintain a complex funding execution and forecasting model with complex formulas.
- Assess funding health to ensure that appropriate levels are projected and available to support contract requirements.
- Readily communicate financial needs to expedite funding transactions needed for continuity of operations.
- Leads routine meetings with the Government to review reports, invoices, and contract deliverables to explain in detail, identify and provide forward notice of risks or issues, and alert of actual or potential deviations.
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business with two to five years experience in similar financial planning and analysis, business management, personnel management role
- Intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, connecting external data, consolidating data, and utilizing highly complex formulas.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Two to five years of experience managing financial analysis and business management for Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Cost Plus Fixed Fee Level of Effort, Firm Fixed Price, and Time & Materials contracts
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, ability to connect external data, consolidate data, ability to utilize highly complex formulas
- Department of Defense Acquisition experience
- Accounting and/or Financial Audit experience
About us: Odyssey Systems Consulting Group is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, implementation, and operations and support.
Please note: Final compensation for this position will be determined by various factors such as the Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities