To provide expertise for revenue or cost analytics across LexisNexis and provide deep subject matter expertise on SQL functionality and data structures to optimize performance and maintain the integrity of the data. As a member of the Global Reporting, Planning and Analysis (GRPA) team based in Dayton, the role will be responsible for providing analytics support and investigation to support financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and monthly reporting of revenue. The position reports directly to the Manager of Revenue or Manager of Cost and has frequent interactions with LexisNexis business units, Finance Directors and Finance teams to provide analytical support to help Finance team members and business stakeholders make informed decision to drive improved business performance. There is a strong service oriented culture with focus on service to internal customers on time and to quality, to build and maintain the reputation of the GRPA.
- Investigate and review underlying data to provide insight for input to commentaries/insights based on available information on trends and variances.
- Collate and investigate data to identify and determine trends and assess outcomes of sales and marketing growth initiatives to support the business assumptions for sales and revenue.
- Build and sustain a robust knowledge of financial processes, revenue drivers, metrics and dynamics across a couple of areas including: Online, Segment, Print, Content, Software.Load data to planning tools and finalize the Hyperion submission.
- Support preparation of budget presentation material.
- Proactively investigate performance through analytics. Respond to adhoc requests for analytics, through the agreed demand management framework, to provide support for product profitability, business case preparation and investigation into financial performance.
- Interpret user requests for analytics and data into technical report specifications and liaise with the systems team on user requirements.
- Provide SQL related advice to users in the CoE and BDS team and manage and deliver training and updates to meet changes in business needs or to communicate changes in business structures.
- Promote teamwork and a collaborative environment within the COE and across the Finance function, Business Decision Support and SSC.
- Manage activities within the internal control policy framework. Maintain knowledge of data structures through the governance process.
- Support the annual audits.
- Follow internal controls and procedures to comply data integrity and consistency.
- Maintain GRPA internal relations network and SSC relationships to deliver quality service on time.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.