Job Description: Execution Operations Analyst
Office: Boston MA; [must have U.S. Citizenship or Green card – US only]
Locust Walk is a global investment bank that integrates the best of strategy consulting with strategic transactions and capital raising for innovative life science companies. We support management and board members through all aspects of a deal – from clearly defining and assessing all options to developing company positioning and navigating through the full deal cycle from outreach to term sheet structuring to negotiating to close. Our suite of capabilities and data driven approach provides our clients with greater confidence on decision making, faster execution, and less friction working with a single team throughout the process.
Why is this role potentially right for you?
This role is in the perfect position to gain exposure to a high-growth company, to see how it all comes together and to play a material role in that growth. This role is suited for an experienced operations analyst from an investment banking, private equity/venture capital or consulting background as well as business development analysts in the life science space who want to break in the industry. Team players wanting to gain valuable inside industry experience are open to apply for the role.
Core job responsibilities
- Responsibility for preparing and running the Active Deal Committee meetings where we review and organize resources for deals in market.
- Ensure our customer relationship management (CRM) is up to date for all active deal processes including all forecasting and organizational data.
- Coordinate with the Finance and Legal departments to make sure all billing for project milestones and legal documents are executed accurately and on time
- Management of our Relationship Management (RM) program that organizes contact with investors and strategic partners.
- Support deal team conducting outreach to Relationship Management accounts by joining those meetings, taking notes, logging account interests and coordinating follow-up
- Maintain investor and strategic partner contact logs based on investor and partner interest database
- Manage the launch and closeout process for new and concluding projects, respectively.
- Support various analyses and research activities on growth initiatives, industry data, and competitive dynamics
- General process coordination, organization, and improvement
The right skills are a must for success
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a life science discipline, required
- Proactive and detail-oriented work ethic able to think and act independently under pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly and openly one on one and in team meetings
- Strong organizational skills able to capture, categorize, recall and communicate information to members of our firm using common platforms: OneNote, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Personable, with a warm, caring and thoughtful personality, and able to interface between team members respectfully and tactfully
- Passionate about data integrity and ensuring our internal systems (e.g., CRM and other databases) are up to date and represent a complete profile of activities underway
- Ability to work with Finance and Sales Operations to establish and maintain regular cadence of performance tracking and reporting
- Efficient, confident, and clear communicator whether over phone, email, video or in person
- Strong sense-of-self: Can take setbacks well and move forward without missing a beat
- Someone who will be thoughtful, entrepreneurial, and who thinks efficiently on their feet, who is creative, has an optimistic approach, and who cares about the Company and providing the highest quality support for the firms Managing Directors
- 2-5 years of operations experience preferred but would consider exceptional candidates out of university
- Plus: Experience with Power Query, Power Pivot and Power View (Power BI Services)
- Plus: Graduate degree
What is our culture?
We look for entrepreneurial, growth-oriented individuals who are committed to the success of others. We have a high-performance culture that rewards creative solutions to daily challenges, as well as a strong work ethic while enjoying the ride. Locust Walk offers a mindful work-life balance within the context of a transaction-focused professional services firm. While we have always connected in our physical locations, ate lunch together and enjoyed other team activities, we have now created a hybrid environment of in-office and work from home flexibility. We are open and honest with each other and transparent in our dealings, including information about the health of the business.
A match with our values and culture is our highest priority
This person needs to live the Locust Walk values. We’re looking first for people who fit our culture. Culture is very important to us and that fit is critical. Listed below is an overview of our core values. Please consider whether these are a match with yours:
Commitment to the Success of Others
- Global team-based culture with individual accountability
- No team member is left behind: we are committed to succeeding together for the benefit of both our clients and the company
Open and Courageous Communication
- In the spirit of caring for each other’s success, we commit to being truthful and transparent in our communication and feedback, both to clients and inside the company and we do so with empathy and success
- We commit to thoughtful and rigorous debate and feedback at all levels of the company
- The Locust Walk Leadership Team always strives to be as transparent as possible with the company
- We thrive on challenge and are life-long learners. We are not afraid of failure, yet see it as a springboard
- Honest bi-directional feedback is important for building trusted, productive relationships
- Feedback should be given as soon as possible after an event or situation occurs rather than waiting for the moment to pass
- We are self-motivated to succeed and will do whatever it takes for our clients to succeed in an ethical manner
- We will always have a small firm ethos with an entrepreneurial mindset and minimized bureaucracy
Enjoy the Ride
- We care about and for our clients and each other
- We work hard and integrate fun into the core of what we do. We all have unique interests and find common ways of sharing that with each other
- Wins should be celebrated
- It is about the journey, not the destination
How much could someone earn in this role?
Our firm has a multi-part compensation structure:
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Every person at Locust Walk has goals and will be eligible to earn a bonus based on exceptional individual and firm performance that encourages both accountability as well as teamwork and helping to grow the overall business
- We offer a great competitive Total Rewards package which includes health, dental, and vision, as well as other great competitive benefits
- We have a flexible vacation policy on top of 11 official company holidays
- We offer and contribute to each employee’s 401k