View job on Handshake
Research Associate – Arlington, VA
B. Riley Securities provides a full suite of investment banking, corporate finance, advisory, research, and sales and trading services. Investment banking services include initial, secondary and follow-on offerings, institutional private placements, merger and acquisition (M&A) advisory, SPACs, corporate restructuring and recapitalization. B. Riley is nationally recognized and highly ranked for its proprietary small-cap equity research. B. Riley Securities formerly operated as B. Riley FBR following the merger of B. Riley & Co. and FBR & Co.
We are seeking a full-time Research Associate immediately to work in our Arlington, Virginia office.
The Research Associate is responsible, under direct supervision, for data collection, statistical studies, and research for individual companies and their securities, within their specified industry. The role of the Research Associate is to develop the techniques and skills necessary for investment analysis and research of securities.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actively works to gain knowledge within the specified sector. Performs general research duties for senior team members. Monitors specific companies and informs analysts of important developments.
- Participates in meetings and calls with clients on the stocks under coverage. Responsible for filling information requests from clients and sales force regarding individual securities or industry groups.
- Prepares draft research reports and briefs.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of models.
- Participates in firm activities, committees or task forces and recruiting efforts as well as external/industry related events and organizations as appropriate.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or related field. MBA a plus.
- 1-4 years experience in equity research, investment banking, or general finance.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of relevant financial, mathematical and accounting techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to express ideas effectively and fluently. Comfortable with client interaction. Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Bloomberg a plus.
- Ability to organize time well, set proper priorities, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- SIE, 63, 86 and 87 licenses preferred.
- CFA or working towards the designation preferred.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.