View job on Handshake
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb is looking for an aspiring insurance professional to join our Chubb Associate Program. As the industry leader in Property & Casualty insurance, Chubb is an employer of choice for a student aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company. This is a full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company.
We have designed our Chubb Associate Program to hone your skills and talents and help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Associate Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company. Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with other early career professionals as well as with many of our senior executives. As part of this program, you will receive:
- Challenging assignments and the opportunity to contribute to the result of a team.
- Business training unique to a career at Chubb.
- Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline, and an understanding of our broader industry.
- Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills.
- Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
We are excited about and committed to the Chubb Associate Program because we believe that we are developing talented professionals with the potential to become Chubb’s leaders of the future.
Who are we looking for?
Equipment Breakdown Risk Engineer – Associate
We are currently seeking applicants for an Equipment Breakdown Risk Engineer (EBRE) Associate position. The EBRE professional operates within the Risk Engineering Department and is considered an integral component of the valued added services that we provide for our commercial insurance policy holders. We welcome both recent college graduates and those looking to make a career change into risk engineering and insurance.
This EBRE Associate position is part of an entry-level training program that begins with an overview of the Chubb organization, while also developing a progressive knowledge and understanding of the property and casualty insurance industry. In tandem with your business and insurance acumen development, we will provide a course of study to assist you in passing the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector’s Exam. As part of the training, you will develop basic interview, report writing, and risk evaluation skills as you work to attain an understanding of the Risk Engineering role within Chubb.
Risk Engineering is a critical service that we provide for our commercial insureds. As an EBRE professional, you will conduct state and jurisdiction mandated boiler & pressure vessel inspections. You will also conduct surveys for current or prospective accounts, which include comprehensive reports to identify equipment and machinery breakdown hazards, potential loss-producing exposures, and a thorough evaluation of controls in place or those that are recommended/ required. EBREs visit existing accounts to discuss recommendations and evaluate changes in exposures. Reports, letters and surveys are written in accordance with loss prevention guidelines. This position often involves direct interaction with our insureds and brokers.
Additional EBRE responsibilities include:
- Completing client reviews and evaluations in support of our underwriting departments, allowing for more informed decisions to maximize profit and growth
- Accomplishing client service loss prevention inspection activities to include maintenance program reviews, service plan audits, jurisdictional inspections, and exposure/control evaluations
- Processing claim investigations involving boiler and machinery equipment loss occurrences, including damage verification, cause of loss, and subrogation opportunities
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with internal and external customers, including clients, underwriting and service teams, claims, and agents
- An Associates or Bachelors in safety, engineering, science, mathematics or general business, completion of a related Trade School program, or applicable Military experience.
- Technical training in inspection, engineering, quality control or manufacturing is highly desirable as is experience with industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consultation, sales and marketing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting technical information
- Sound decision making skills
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and leadership skills
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and organizational skills are required
- An ability to adapt to new ideas and situations
- An ability to develop creative approaches to solving customer problems
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
National Board and State Jurisdictional Certification: Qualified candidates will be required to pass the National Board of Pressure Vessel Certification within 9 months from the start of their employment. In addition, within 12 months from the start of their employment, the candidate must fulfill any additional requirements of each state jurisdiction to obtain the required commissions.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.