View job on Handshake
SportsMEDIA Technology – (SMT) is the pioneer in sports technology, having re-imagined the fan experience 30 years ago. Since then, we’ve revolutionized how sports fans watch their favorite events, whether in the stands, livestreaming or on television. Through innovative real-time and wireless data and display systems, SMT’s impact is evident in every major international sport on the world’s stage, from football and soccer to tennis and golf. Along the way, SMT has grown to become the premier technology provider for pinnacle world-renowned events, including the tennis Grand Slams, golf majors, the Olympics, NHL, NBA, the New York City Marathon and CrossFit Games. SMT designed and developed the official scoring, statistics, and onsite live presentation systems for the NBA, the NHL, the PGA TOUR, NASCAR, the CrossFit Games, all four golf majors, and the four tennis slams.
SMT services hundreds of major U.S and international sports events, as well as major sports broadcasters, teams and organizing bodies, resulting in a sports technology powerhouse unequaled in the industry. SMT continues to blaze the trail in sports technology with innovative biometrics and player and object tracking, mobile apps, analytics, video production services, wireless information systems, and on-site services. SMT’s products have become a regular part of the viewing experience for fans and an invaluable asset for clients. SMT’s growth has led to the creation of several divisions, with divisions in Durham, NC, Fremont, CA, Jacksonville, FL, and Toronto, Canada.
We are seeking an Entry-Level Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst to serve as a testing and deployment specialist. This position is responsible for testing new product releases; troubleshooting customer-reported field issues for existing product releases; utilizing both off-the-shelf and SMT internally developed test tools to execute these responsibilities; and building, verifying, maintaining, and troubleshooting product installers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform manual testing of SMT base products
- Isolate, replicate, and document defects and verify fixes
- Create product test checklists, scripts, and scenarios
- Use high-level (acceptance test) tools for automated testing of SMT base products
- Identify test requirements from specifications prior to the development of a given product or feature
- Create clear, concise, detail-oriented acceptance test suites (sets of scripts)
- Ensure validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications
- Write front-end tests prior to the development of a given product
- Organize test results for reporting data for computation of quality metrics
- Identify potential quality issues and escalate to the Quality Assurance (QA) manager
- Work within multiple Scrum teams to test project-related software and to build install scripts
- Assist with troubleshooting customer software issues in the field
- Assist in the build and maintenance of SMT building and test lab equipment and software
- Support customers dynamically in the field with periodic on-call responsibilities
- Provide thorough and accurate written and verbal updates to managers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution
- 2+ years’ experience with software QA preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with automated test tools preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with an agile (Scrum)-based test-driven software development life cycle preferred
- Fundamental understanding of major sports preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to efficiently working problems to resolution
- Self-motivated with time management and organizational skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Consistently communicate statuses and complete deliverables on schedule
- Display a positive “can-do” attitude when troubleshooting or problem solving
- Consistently maintain work activity reports in SMT-provided time tracking tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of several sports preferred
- Utilize judgment, diplomacy, and collaboration skills to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, management, and customers.
- Ability to:
- Work well in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Learn new base products and testing techniques
- Multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Anticipate needs and proactively suggest improvements
- Independently research and respond to technical questions and issues
- Combine technical knowledge with an understanding of expectations to offer creative solutions to complex problems in a practical, timely, and efficient manner
- Independently, quickly, and efficiently identify and solve technical problems
- Quickly learn new concepts, industry trends, and technologies
- Willingness to travel to live events
Two Medical Plans – Premier and Basic
Long-term and short-term Disability plans
Life & AD/D Insurance Plan
Ten Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off/PTO plan.
Confidential employee assistance program
Sporting event tickets
Remote work available upon completion of on-site training
Are you ready to join the SMT Team and be a Game Changer?
SMT is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates are subject to criminal background checks.
SMT participates in E-Verify.